• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City 0-2 Everton - Wednesday 16th December, 2020

football forums

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I hate cliches but I think that's what they call a perfect away performance.

If I was like most I'd revel in the fact that Richarlison pisses off other people's fans but he's actually in totally average form despite scoring tonight and seems to be in overdrive with his sulking and staying down currently. He's annoying me a bit because it's a bit embarrassing but meh, I'm not going to go in two footed on him because nobody else does when it's someone from their team.

Very unlike us to beat Chelsea and then actually follow it up. Without Digne and Rodriguez as well. Both performances a bit shithousey but that's what you need when you don't have the best team in the league and that knowhow is what Ancelotti has brought to the table which Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce and Silva just didn't have in their locker. I haven't seen the numbers but I'd imagine Ancelotti has bagged more away wins in his first 12 months than Koeman, Allardyce and Silva combined in their whole tenures.

Firmly back in the mix now.

• The title was changed to Leicester City 0-2 Everton - Wednesday 16th December, 2020
  • Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

I think we lack physical presence. It's not one player in-particular at fault, it's a collective issue and tricky to overcome. We are just a generally weak team.

We seem to lack a bit of intelligence and ingenuity at times too. When it gets a bit tough for us, like today, against a well-organised low block and stringent defence, we have no ideas. 

19 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I hate cliches but I think that's what they call a perfect away performance.

If I was like most I'd revel in the fact that Richarlison pisses off other people's fans but he's actually in totally average form despite scoring tonight and seems to be in overdrive with his sulking and staying down currently. He's annoying me a bit because it's a bit embarrassing but meh, I'm not going to go in two footed on him because nobody else does when it's someone from their team.

Very unlike us to beat Chelsea and then actually follow it up. Without Digne and Rodriguez as well. Both performances a bit shithousey but that's what you need when you don't have the best team in the league and that knowhow is what Ancelotti has brought to the table which Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce and Silva just didn't have in their locker. I haven't seen the numbers but I'd imagine Ancelotti has bagged more away wins in his first 12 months than Koeman, Allardyce and Silva combined in their whole tenures.

Firmly back in the mix now.

It pretty much was and one I'd be proud of if we'd done the same at Goodison. Solid defence, physical, clinical when it mattered, sharper, hungrier and much more 'on it' in all areas. And then nullifying our creative outlets as well. Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes all kept fairly quiet. Thought Under did alright at times, as did Perez when he came on but it says a lot about both sides when our RB is the one who does the best going forward.

• Subscriber

I thought Barnes and Justin were the main threats. Maddison just didn't seem to get into the game and Tielemans seemed to snatch at a few half-chances to create something. I've seen Leicester and teams like them run rings around our midfield when you have the likes of Sigurdsson and Gomes on the pitch who aren't that mobile or that good without the ball in general, just wasn't there tonight. One of you called it from the start, Ndidi was wasted in central defence.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I thought Barnes and Justin were the main threats. Maddison just didn't seem to get into the game and Tielemans seemed to snatch at a few half-chances to create something. I've seen Leicester and teams like them run rings around our midfield when you have the likes of Sigurdsson and Gomes on the pitch who aren't that mobile or that good without the ball in general, just wasn't there tonight. One of you called it from the start, Ndidi was wasted in central defence.

The difference was Doucoure. He was quality I thought and deserved the man of the match. A good signing for sure. Couple of vital blocks he made as well as just his general positioning and defensive play.

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

We're following no particular pattern at all. This game was just as flat as anything we've served up all year, had no answer to Everton's defence, one-paced rubbish, I think we wanted to hit you early tonight but we failed to do so and had little answer.

We lack variety in our midfield. We haven't got any 7/10 midfielders. With Maddison and Tielemans it's always 9/10 or 4/10. It's rarely inbetween. Both were 4s tonight.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived