talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Southampton 0-1 Man City - Saturday 19th December, 2020

football forums

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting the job done without any sparkle.

I said it in last week's derby thread but I really think they have changed their approach and become a bit more pragmatic to try and stop leaking goals, with the Champions League heavily in their mind too.

Thing is, City have set the bar so high in the past attack wise, that you just expect them to get back there but maybe this is how they evolve now, tough to beat.

Let's be fair to them, that was a banana skin today. No one would have been surprised if Saints turned them over. It's a solid 3pts because teams will come unstuck against them.

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Getting the job done without any sparkle.

I said it in last week's derby thread but I really think they have changed their approach and become a bit more pragmatic to try and stop leaking goals, with the Champions League heavily in their mind too.

Thing is, City have set the bar so high in the past attack wise, that you just expect them to get back there but maybe this is how they evolve now, tough to beat.

Let's be fair to them, that was a banana skin today. No one would have been surprised if Saints turned them over. It's a solid 3pts because teams will come unstuck against them.

We are playing a new formation with 2 holding players (4-2-3-1 instead of the 4-3-3   ..think Pep has realized Rodrigo is struggling on his own

7 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

We are playing a new formation with 2 holding players (4-2-3-1 instead of the 4-3-3   ..think Pep has realized Rodrigo is struggling on his own

If you win the Champions League playing this way, you'll definitely not complain.

13 hours ago, Lucas said:

If you win the Champions League playing this way, you'll definitely not complain.

To make this work we need a top striker that can hold the ball up and score nearly every game, Aguero is mostly injured these days and that's not Jesus game, Pep had to use a winger in that role against Southampton

• The title was changed to Southampton 0-1 Man City - Saturday 19th December, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived