• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Josh King - Joins Everton

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Rick said:

Fulham had agreed a deal in principle with Bournemouth as well, not that King is going to choose them of the two. 

xD

I'm guessing he's been promised more game time down there and I assume it's closer to home? I don't know. We have a problem though if we don't get somebody in. Tosun is next to useless but having nobody would be actually useless.

Problem is we just can't get money for these players. Bolasie, Kenny, Tosun, Walcott all out on loan because nobody will pay the money. Bernard staying by the looks of it, we'll need him to now because Gordon is going on loan to Preston. This problem was highlighted when Sigurdsson and James started as de factor strikers against Wolves when Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison were both unavailable. Having Josh King turn us down with an hour to go shouldn't be happening.

• The title was changed to Josh King - Joins Everton on Loan
  • The title was changed to Josh King - Joins Everton
  • Subscriber

I think it's a loan that's effectively a transfer because his Bournemouth contract expires this summer and we have him until then. You would assume there'll be an offer on the table for him to officially join us on a free transfer if he does alright.

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

What exactly are Bournemouth getting out of this deal if it’s not permanent? A nominal loan fee? 

Didn't they turn down a large bid from Man Utd in the summer? Another awful piece of business from them if so

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Rick said:

What exactly are Bournemouth getting out of this deal if it’s not permanent? A nominal loan fee? 

£5m now or he leaves on a free this summer. Manager is pretty happy for him to leave apparently as his heart's not in it at the club.

10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Didn't they turn down a large bid from Man Utd in the summer? Another awful piece of business from them if so

£25m allegedly.

I remember a couple of years ago going to a league cup game I think it was or a pre season friendly. Not many there. In the row in front was this bloke probably in his 50s or 60s. Anyway we were lacking upfront as per, the bloke kept saying Josh King he's a great player. Completely randomly, over and over. We should get that Josh King he'd say. I'll tell you whose good, Josh King. The lad with him didn't have much patience for it all.

I now wonder if that bloke was an Everton scout :ph34r:

Archived