talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Football Kit Collections

football forum

I'd be surprised if this wasn't already a thread somewhere. Feel free to move it if appropriate.

I've wanted to start a football shirt collection for a fair while now. I've been holding off with the pandemic for obvious reasons, but am starting now! I'm excited to begin this hobby.

So to avoid a conflicting interest, I've bought a mystery kit box. The basic premise is that you pay for a kit, specify your size and have it delivered with no idea whatsoever of what you'll be getting. I paid £30 or so for it and it should be with me by next week, so fingers crossed! Next week I'll be buying a nice Everton home jersey too, and then I should be more readily spontaneous and calculated in my intake.

With this said, I'm curious. What football jerseys do you own? Or even, which would you like to own in the future?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a photo of my room somewhere. It's basically just Peruvian football kits though, I'll name them all and their significance. 

I'll put it in spoilers so I don't make the page a pain to load up.

2ae8482aa7f69b75577f3002ff6e83e0.png

0082d1f74439036d1af22b3678137180.jpg

bd922c3a290d60ecfe3fda711d561470.jpg

3a9e1f3925a5ed8804b39bda93228c0d.jpg

aa693fca1191e42e34e719e8e09e437c.jpg

5714db3d2301c1d0b730050dc0ceb2a2.png

c6f7968c3ccfdf846273e58552da72c5.jpg

1st picture:

Sport Boys: Peru's traditional 4th biggest club.  I got this one from a market, so not sure if it's real. Probably not, but what matters to me is having the kit.

2nd picture

Melgar (left): Got this one from an auction, I don't remember which year it was. They are Peru's 5th biggest club though and the biggest club outside of Lima.

UDA (right): based in the poorest and most obscure province in the country, Huancavelica. Got this one from outside of one of their games when they were playing the 3rd tier final group a few years ago.

3rd picture

Jose Pardo (right): Iquitos' second biggest club, but they are very obscure. Never played in the top 2 tiers and just gathers fans in local games. This wasn't easy to get, I had to ask a guy over Facebook from Iquitos to help me out.

Atletico Minero (middle): I really don't remember where I got this one. I think I got it off an auction. They are a club based in Lima's andean region about 4 hours from the main city. It's pretty barren. I've been and there's not much at all other than mountains.

Hualgayoc (left): defunct club that played in the 2nd tier a few years ago. Got this one off an auction.

4th picture

Walter Ormeño (right): A club based in the southern suburb of Lima (if you want to call it that). This one is a funny story, got this one in a store in that suburb. The clerk left a few kits on the side to show us in the store, we bought the shirt and apparently she was robbed after. She came to a restaurant that we were at to ask if we knew, that's how we found out she got robbed. The town was a big shithole in general.

Minsa FBC (middle): based in Puerto Maldonado in the southern Amazonian region. I was friends with the owner of the club, who are in the regional leagues and he dropped off the kit when I asked for it nicely. For free as well. These collectionist adventures are always fun.

Leon de Huanuco (left): got it off an auction. They used to be in the top flight but have descended into the regional leagues in 2015.

5th picture

Union Huaral 1978 (right): The rarest football shirt I own. Got this one off an auction last time I was in Lima. I treasure it.

Cienciano 2004 (left): This is the one actually used on the pitch in the Recopa Sudamericana win over Boca Juniors. I bought it off a friend who has a big collection. You can tell this photo is high of value.

6th picture

Deportivo Municipal (right): Got this one in Canada actually, my most recent one. Bought it off Amazon. These are a traditional club known for spawning Jefferson Farfan and Nolberto Solano.

Defensor La Bocana (left): Off an auction again. I really liked the look of this kit. The big team from Sechura, who played in the top flight once in their history. The patterns are supposed to resemble that off a tidal wave.

Last picture

Deportivo Zuñiga - Got this one from the owner of the club, but I think this one is the managers shirt, not the players.

Universidad Cesar Vallejo - Off an auction, a top flight club currently.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Mpache said:

As for others, I am strongly considering buying personalized kits from my successful FM saves, so Deportes Temuco, Aston Villa, Sassuolo, Tenerife and Shakhtar. So far I only own Villa.

200.gif

Just now, Stan said:

200.gif

Luckily for you, I have no idea where it is, hence the lack of a photo ;) 

The one I owned isn't personalized though, I want one with the name "Rada" on the back. Highest ever scorer for the club in my future simulated world xD

On 09/03/2021 at 18:11, Robbie said:

I'd be surprised if this wasn't already a thread somewhere. Feel free to move it if appropriate.

I've wanted to start a football shirt collection for a fair while now. I've been holding off with the pandemic for obvious reasons, but am starting now! I'm excited to begin this hobby.

So to avoid a conflicting interest, I've bought a mystery kit box. The basic premise is that you pay for a kit, specify your size and have it delivered with no idea whatsoever of what you'll be getting. I paid £30 or so for it and it should be with me by next week, so fingers crossed! Next week I'll be buying a nice Everton home jersey too, and then I should be more readily spontaneous and calculated in my intake.

With this said, I'm curious. What football jerseys do you own? Or even, which would you like to own in the future?

There was a thread and I remember posting on there but I'll be damned If I could remember where that was.

I own a lot of Leeds shirts but I lean more to the retro one's if I get one these days if I'm honest.

These are my favourite one's I own.

Holland '88

il_794xN.2268932796_mmml.thumb.jpg.a9eb328d3946d4a228b02dad4a29b8b3.jpg

Germany 1990

20210311_154515.thumb.jpg.453c5ee9a69f972557da52ada5918904.jpg

England '82

scoredraw-england-1982-wc-finals-h-jsy-p48792-366768_medium.thumb.jpg.cb170fd0ecf554dd6b5450c04b865912.jpg

Fiorentina '92

il_794xN.2959418793_4rnn.thumb.jpg.442ef4b5e8591d004d4fa7cb8548a6e7.jpg

Leeds Away '93

765-189.thumb.jpg.95eda9f0c38875341f062cf071ae1010.jpg

Barcelona '82

fc-barcelona-1982-retro-trikot_600x600-1.jpg.8225b4d80f85a14de655c3630aa6f6dd.jpg

Newell's Old Boys '93

20210311_160242.thumb.jpg.6d2eefadf52504de49a19e9ef04a7640.jpg

I had a nice surprise today. My first shirt arrived in the post, courtesy of a mystery kit box. I had some mates get them too and their results were mixed.

I opened mine last and I've got to say, I definitely did the best. Bagged myself a tasty PSG third shirt from last season. Looks very smart.

Paris Saint Germain Kids Third Shirt 2019/20

Getting my Everton shirt ordered on Monday. Debating whether to have a name on the back of it or keep it plain in the hopes of bumping into someone. xD

Archived