talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Eh... they're just training matches mate, I really don't think you can draw too many inferences from them.

Yeah i know mate,  you know most my posts are tongue in cheek :4_joy: ..i feel we do need to improve that depth though

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Yeah i know mate,  you know most my posts are tongue in cheek :4_joy: ..i feel we do need to improve that depth though

That's probably just because you've been spoiled for depth for the last however many years xD - I think City are still favourites for the title this season even with the many departures. You've got lots of depth still and one of the best academies to draw young homegrown players into the first team as squad players.

Obviously the more established your depth players are, the better that is for you (and the worse it is for the rest of the league) - but I still think you're in quite a comfy position going into this season.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's probably just because you've been spoiled for depth for the last however many years xD - I think City are still favourites for the title this season even with the many departures. You've got lots of depth still and one of the best academies to draw young homegrown players into the first team as squad players.

Obviously the more established your depth players are, the better that is for you (and the worse it is for the rest of the league) - but I still think you're in quite a comfy position going into this season.

Maybe :4_joy: the first 11 is strong but a few injury's and the back-ups are Ortega, Carson, Ake, Akanji, Lewis, Gomez, Cancelo, (Foden or Grealish) Phillips, Kovacic, Perrone, Palmer, Bobb, McAtee. and we might lose some of them on loan. not many game changers on the bench, i do feel we need to bring in decent replacements for Mahrez & Gundogan

• 2 weeks later...

We getting a better idea of the squad for the season now, Laporte, Cancelo, Palmer might still end up leaving but think McAtee is staying Doku & Paqueta looking likely to sign which will give us more depth

Keepers:-                                Ederson                                                     Ortega                          

Defenders:-      Walker, Sones, Dias, Gvardiol                  Lewis - Akanji - Ake - Gomez

Midfield:-          De Bruyne - Rodrigo - Foden                   Paqueta - Phillips - Kovacic

Forwards:-       Bernardo -  Haaland  - Grealish                    Doku - Alvarez - Perrone

????:- Laporte, Palmer, Cancelo, McAtee

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Pep's going to be missing for a bit, 2 games at least with a back injury, don't know when he will be back yet, had an operation today

Just buy a new manager. 

• 2 weeks later...

It has been reported that Barcelona are ‘upset’ with Manchester City for not allowing Bernardo Silva to sign for them this summer.

This comes from Mundo Deportivo as the £43 million (GOAL) man recently penned a contract extension with City until 2026.

How dare we not sell them a player they can't afford xD ..43million? I can see where the problems started lol