talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Joe Willock - Newcastle Permanently Sign Midfielder

• Administrator

https://talksport.com/football/878783/joe-willock-transfer-steve-bruce-confirms-newcastle-arsenal-loan/

Willock has hit some pivotal goals in the Toon’s fight for Premier League survival.

The young midfielder netted a debut opener in a 3-2 win over Southampton in February and went on to score in three successive matches, with a late equaliser off the bench against Arsenal’s arch-rivals Tottenham, a winner against West Ham and then an equaliser at the death in the draw with Liverpool at Anfield.

In total, Willock boasts a record of five goals in 11 appearances in a Newcastle shirt.

And Bruce made no secret of his desire to keep hold of the player as he looks to bolster his squad ahead of the 2021/22 campaign.

“All of us would love to [make it permanent],” Bruce told White and Jordan when asked whether they will look to sign Willock this summer.

“He’s 21, a midfield player and he’s got five goals since the turn of the year, so of course we want him – but we have to respect that he’s Arsenal’s player.

“I’m sure Arsenal will have big discussions this summer, but if there’s a possibility that we can bring him back we’d love to do it.”

• The title was changed to Joe Willock - Newcastle Want To Make Loan Permanent
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A midfielder that breaks from midfield into goal scoring positions. Arteta won't use him. And we're terrible at selling. Newcastle should be able to get him at a good price unless other clubs get involved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Joe Willock - Newcastle Permanently Sign Midfielder

Good signing, I think. He was a big player for them in the second half of the season on loan and scored important goals. I don't think there's much quality overall in this Newcastle side, but I think he's an absolutely key player for them now that he's joined full time.

At £25m for a 21 year old who just scored 8 goals that's a great deal. 

However whilst there's a lot or potential in this signing I can't help but remember that Bruce dropped him. 8 of his 21 appearances came from the bench. He only got back in the side because he scored from the bench in 3 consecutive appearances. For me the minute he scored 1 he should have been back in but the lad had to do it in 3 games.

• 1 year later...

Archived