• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

"Enjoy the Sounds of the Game"

Recommended Posts

Inspired by the New York Knicks, I'd love to see this replicated in football.

No music (especially 'Goal Music'), nothing on the scoreboard/big screen, just football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The score-board/big screen I don't understand in terms of removing it. Why wouldn't you want to see replays and know in-game statistics?

I meant more the 'entertainment' side of it. For example, they had 'Dab Cam' at the England vs Scotland game at Wembley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leicester have recently introduced 'FanCam' at half-time. Mainly for the kids, to be honest. 

Think anyone grown up to be found 'dabbing' should immediately be escorted out the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll be like watching the tv with mute on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

They did fancam at Everton but thankfully it only lasted a season, the bloke presenting was a real tit too.

Hit the bar is the best half-time past-time but then again is 15 minutes really too long to sit without getting bored?

yeah cross bar challenge or something involving the goals is usually most exciting. Cheerleaders around NFL-in-UK is usually entertaining for various reasons...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For half time 'entertainment', Aberdeen normally have two small sided games with kids from local schools.

That and a half time draw with a former player. Simple but does the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leicester sometimes have local school kids to a relay race round the outside of the pitch. Not sure they were allowed on it xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goal music is just normal in Germany and part of the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tsubasa said:

Goal music is just normal in Germany and part of the game. 

When the home team score in Germany the pa announcer the shouts out and the crowd join in. I'm guessing it's the first name of the scorer and the crowd shout the second name, then it's the team name, Schalke for example and the crowd shout out the score,  two, then the same for the away team?? Is that correct or am I miles off target??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, trago said:

When the home team score in Germany the pa announcer the shouts out and the crowd join in. I'm guessing it's the first name of the scorer and the crowd shout the second name, then it's the team name, Schalke for example and the crowd shout out the score,  two, then the same for the away team?? Is that correct or am I miles off target??

 

Every announcer has it's own style. Some only shout the score and the first name of the scoring player, and then the crowd shouts the last name, and some do a whole different scheme. I'm glad that BVB's stadium announcer (who's a former player btw) keeps it short. 

 

Like here at the 1:14 mark. He only says: "43th minute of the game, the equalizer is here. Scorer for Borussia Dortmund, with the number 17, Pierre-Emerick" and then the crowd shouts Aubameyang. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, StanLCFC said:

Leicester have recently introduced 'FanCam' at half-time. Mainly for the kids, to be honest. 

Think anyone grown up to be found 'dabbing' should immediately be escorted out the ground.

 

Pretty sure I saw Dan dabbing last season. Kick him out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also we used to have great half time entertainment, the deckchair challenge, had to dribble round three deckchairs from the halfway line then score past Chirpy, and run back to the halfway line. Two attempts each I think - head to head quickest time won a holiday.

Nowadays it's just Paul Coyte chatting to usually an ex player, generally they work for the club still and just rotate xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tsubasa said:

 

Every announcer has it's own style. Some only shout the score and the first name of the scoring player, and then the crowd shouts the last name, and some do a whole different scheme. I'm glad that BVB's stadium announcer (who's a former player btw) keeps it short. 

 

Like here at the 1:14 mark. He only says: "43th minute of the game, the equalizer is here. Scorer for Borussia Dortmund, with the number 17, Pierre-Emerick" and then the crowd shouts Aubameyang. 

 

I love the PA guy at Napoli. 

Hair-raising. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement