Karlsruhe vs Werder Bremen
Paderborn vs St. Pauli
Jahn Regensburg vs Schalke 04
Hansa Rostock vs Dynamo Dresden

Sunday, August 22
Hamburg vs Darmstadt
Erzgebirge Aue vs Sandhausen
Ingolstadt vs Nürnberg

352589175_ScreenShot2021-08-15at12_23_00PM.thumb.png.23557659f2492b9eba13aedc6d07d70f.png

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Eco said:

@nudge and @Rucksackfranzose - are their investor issues at Holstein as well? 

From being so close to promotion to now just falling apart, I imagine they may be in the same boat as Uerdingen..? 

No investor at Holstein Kiel, their issues are coming from the very competitive structure of the 2.Liga. The differences of the level at which teams are capable to perform are much smaller between 1st and 18th spot of 2. Liga than between say 4th and 10th of Buli. From all German leagues down to say 5th tier the Buli is indeed that league that has the widest scale of capability performance wise.

Long story short, a team that nearly won promotion one season struggling the next is no shock at all, because all 2.Liga teams are all about the same level, which makes this league so competitive and unpredictable.

20 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

No investor at Holstein Kiel, their issues are coming from the very competitive structure of the 2.Liga. The differences of the level at which teams are capable to perform are much smaller between 1st and 18th spot of 2. Liga than between say 4th and 10th of Buli. From all German leagues down to say 5th tier the Buli is indeed that league that has the widest scale of capability performance wise.

Long story short, a team that nearly won promotion one season struggling the next is no shock at all, because all 2.Liga teams are all about the same level, which makes this league so competitive and unpredictable.

They also sold some of their top players if I remember correctly.  I know Lee was sold to Mainz.  I thought there were at least 2 others from the starting eleven that are gone.  It's a shame because I think they would have been promoted automatically had they not had the COVID outbreak.  They lost all their momentum.

Bwoah. A nerve wrecking match to watch in the stands, but I enjoyed it so so much. Lots out young youth players sat in the stands with us. Better than the drunks tbh. 

Anyway, quite a few positives to take away from today. We controlled the match for the most part and played some beautiful attacking stuff. We just need to stop conceeding easy and silly goals. I still maintain the opinion that we are on a good way with Preußer. We just need a few small adjustments to be on the right track. I really hope that we manage to get Luka Krajnc back before the transfer window closes. 

Anyway. Now two away games and an international break until the next home game. :( There are a few loose plans at the moment that I could go to Aue for our away game against Erzgebierge. That'd be great. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Bwoah. A nerve wrecking match to watch in the stands, but I enjoyed it so so much. Lots out young youth players sat in the stands with us. Better than the drunks tbh. 

Anyway, quite a few positives to take away from today. We controlled the match for the most part and played some beautiful attacking stuff. We just need to stop conceeding easy and silly goals. I still maintain the opinion that we are on a good way with Preußer. We just need a few small adjustments to be on the right track. I really hope that we manage to get Luka Krajnc back before the transfer window closes. 

Anyway. Now two away games and an international break until the next home game. :( There are a few loose plans at the moment that I could go to Aue for our away game against Erzgebierge. That'd be great. 

I looked for you mate, they didn't show the seats behind the goals most though. 

Sounds you like had fun though, so good on that! 

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

I looked for you mate, they didn't show the seats behind the goals most though. 

Sounds you like had fun though, so good on that! 

Haha, got a text from my mom that she saw me on TV. So I was definitely visible at some point. xD

10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Haha, got a text from my mom that she saw me on TV. So I was definitely visible at some point. xD

Ah, I was watching the RW Essen match so I must have missed my glimpse of the famous Thomas. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived