talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Monza GP - 10-13th September

football forum

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of curiosity, how do you see the remaining races going? Anything can happen in the race, plus we don't know what's happening with upgrades. Here are my predictions between Max and Lewis.

Monza - Lewis

Sochi - 50/50 - Bottas does like this track though

Singapore - Max

Japan - 50/50

Turkey - Lewis

USA - Lewis

Mexico - Max

Brazil - Max

Saudi Arabia - Max

Dubai - Lewis

• Subscriber

Honestly think Red Bull will have the slightly faster car at most if not all remaining circuits. Lewis will pick up wins but it's hard to pinpoint where. Hungary was the only time since the first 4-5 races where Mercedes looked like they had a faster package and even then we never got to see the relative race pace. I think we'll see a lot of Verstappen 1st, Hamilton 2nd in the remaining races.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Honestly think Red Bull will have the slightly faster car at most if not all remaining circuits. Lewis will pick up wins but it's hard to pinpoint where. Hungary was the only time since the first 4-5 races where Mercedes looked like they had a faster package and even then we never got to see the relative race pace. I think we'll see a lot of Verstappen 1st, Hamilton 2nd in the remaining races.

For the power tracks, Monza will be a good indication. I hope it stays dry so we get a better answer. One thing is for sure though, unlike 2017 and 2018 with Ferrari, RB don't seem to be dropping off the pace.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, MUFC said:

For the power tracks, Monza will be a good indication. I hope it stays dry so we get a better answer. One thing is for sure though, unlike 2017 and 2018 with Ferrari, RB don't seem to be dropping off the pace.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Red Bull were more than happy on the long straights earlier in the year. The Mercedes engine isn't head and shoulders like it used to be. Hamilton is very good around Monza though and I'm struggling to remember a notable performance from Verstappen there (largely because he hasn't had the equipment in the past). It's probably one of Mercedes' best chances to get a pole position and potentially a 1-2. It's hard to tell because there isn't really any pattern as to where their strengths are relative to Red Bull. Zandvoort is most similar to Budapest in its track layout and Mercedes locked out the front row in Hungary, yet Verstappen was largely comfortable this weekend.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure Red Bull were more than happy on the long straights earlier in the year. The Mercedes engine isn't head and shoulders like it used to be. Hamilton is very good around Monza though and I'm struggling to remember a notable performance from Verstappen there (largely because he hasn't had the equipment in the past). It's probably one of Mercedes' best chances to get a pole position and potentially a 1-2. It's hard to tell because there isn't really any pattern as to where their strengths are relative to Red Bull. Zandvoort is most similar to Budapest in its track layout and Mercedes locked out the front row in Hungary, yet Verstappen was largely comfortable this weekend.

I really think the only other weapon Mercedes have is to use Bottas as a blocker like they tried today. They did it today and in France, being honest it never worked too well lol. I say this because more often then not, Perez isn't there to help Max out.

• The title was changed to F1 2021 - Monza GP - 10-13th September
  • The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber
12 hours ago, Tommy said:

https://sport.tvp.pl/55742565/gp-wloch-robert-kubica-wystartuje-na-torze-monza

Robert Kubica will also drive in Monza, according to Polish media. 

Isn't Callum Ilott involved with the team somehow? I thought I saw something last week about him getting the drive if he wasn't racing elsewhere. I suppose now that Kubica has done a race weekend, he's better off doing the next one. His pace didn't actually look that bad at Zandvoort considering the circumstances.

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, MUFC said:

If RB are quicker here on an historically Mercedes track. I'll have to say the title is Max's to lose.

This would have been the rule in the past but I'm not sure that's the case anymore. We've had many years of tracks like Spa and Monza being traditional Mercedes tracks and the likes of Hungary being Red Bull tracks. Those rules haven't necessarily held true this year.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived