Leeds vs Watford

Wolves vs Newcastle

Sunday 3rd October, 2021
Tottenham vs Aston Villa, 14.00

West Ham vs Brentford, 14.00

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fearing the worst here. Last season we looked knackered against Saints after a European game considering Saint's press off the ball. Going to need CHO and Chilwell as wingbacks here. I'd also start Ruben and possibly Saul in midfield. 

15 hours ago, The Premier Steve's said:

With every round it becomes all about getting that first win. 

1st December till you play Norwich and get a guaranteed win 

Actually saying that. Didnt you loose to derby county in 2008? There only win of the season 🤔

7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

1st December till you play Norwich and get a guaranteed win 

Actually saying that. Didnt you loose to derby county in 2008? There only win of the season 🤔

We also drew 0-0 with Norwich at home and lost 3-1 away when they were in the Premier League 2 years ago. 

But I wouldn't at all be surprised if we won today. We played well at Watford for most of the game and should have been out of sight. It's the collective and individual defending that is holding us back, we are letting every opponent get a dozen + shots in. I don't know what Wolves are like under their new manager, but under Nuno they'd barely lay a finger on us.

Going into the game no result would surprise me. Win, lose or draw.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Willock going off injured and Bruce opting for Hendrick to come on. Massive risk. If that doesn't come off he'll be absolutely slated. 

Great sub :ph34r:. Inspired! 

• Subscriber

Chelsea found a way through after a red card for Ward-Prowse. Leeds beat Watford, who I forget are back in the top flight on a weekly basis, 1-0. Wolves 2-1 Newcastle and Norwich get their first point of the season in a 0-0 draw at Burnley.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Finished 3-1. Great response after the back to back defeats. 

Time off for Mount did the trick. 

Did the sending off help? 

Heard it was a VAR overturn? 

I don't really know where things go from here. Defensively all season we've been disorganised and badly drilled as a team. Obviously Bruce won't be sacked so either he needs to sort this out if that is even remotely possible, or we put all our hopes on Dubravka organising on the pitch when he's back.

At the moment we are on course to concede 86 goals this season.

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Did the sending off help? 

Heard it was a VAR overturn? 

Felt we’d score another before the sending off tbf. Mount and Barkley helped drive the ball forward. 

Yes, I said Barkley. 

Watford were absolute gash. They offered nothing.

We dominated every department and should have been walking off 3 or 4-0, no complaints. The fact we weren't is a reflection on the lack of quality in our finishing, very disappointing in truth but when things aren't going for you, everything seems a struggle. 

But anyway, reflecting on the positives, its a big three points for us confidence wise and a win that hopefully get's us going.

I ended up watching the Chelsea game.

Chelsea seemed to be in cruise control and going through the motions for a pretty standard victory up until the point where Martin Atkinson showed why he is one of several incompetent officials stealing a living by being allowed to continue working at this level. When you think of some of the penalty appeals he has personally ignored this season, for him to chalk Timo Werner's header off because of a 'foul' by Cesar Azpilicueta in the buildup seemed somewhat ridiculous.

After that Southampton seemed to rise in belief as they acknowledged they were not out the game. A silly penalty given away pulled the score to 1-1.

It was a definite red card for me against the rat in midfield. He knew exactly what he was doing with that late tackle and caught Jorginho in a nasty part. That said I don't think the red card had a massive bearing on the result. Alex McCarthy had already made two very good saves and the Chelsea substitutions did impact the game.

Timo Werner had one of his better games for Chelsea. I was really impressed with his movement, positioning and determination. On another day with better luck he leaves that ground with more than one goal.

I think 2-1 on reflection would have been a fair scoreline. Which is good given this was a Chelsea team that started with Hudson-Odoi, Chalobah and Loftus-Cheek. It really shows the depth available to Tuchel that will be massive as the season progresses.

Archived