The better place to talk football.

Wolves 2-1 Everton - Monday 1st November, 2021

football forum

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Wolves 2-1 Everton - Monday 1st November, 2021
  • Subscriber

Better in the second half but too little, too late. As a whole, that performance was an embarrassment, especially in the context of having 8 days to prepare a response to what happened last time out. The first half tonight was an insult to the club and its fans. If you can generate the level of fight and interest we showed in the second half in a 15 minute half time break then where the fuck was that in the first half? There were several individually poor performances but the lack of cohesion and effort from the team has to go back back the manager. I'm 100 miles from being Benitez out but he has to answer questions after this run of performances. Not good enough from Everton, top to bottom, nothing new there.

On balance, a garbage performance from us and Wolves really shouldn't have let us back into the game.

• Subscriber

Look at the state of this defending.

Watch it a couple of times focusing individually on Coleman and Keane. I can genuinely sit here and say that I'd have provided more resistance to this attack than the pair of them if I was on the pitch. Holgate gets nowhere near it and Godfrey loses the tackle that should have led to the goal but they come out of this looking relatively good having actually blocked off some space or slowed the move down.

Honestly if I was Pickford, Doucoure, Calvert-Lewin I'd be on to my agent saying get me the fuck out of this mad house. You can be a shit team or you can be below 100% motivation but even if you're both of those things, seeing Coleman giving up like that and Keane watching himself get skinned you should just never see to that extent in a professional football match.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Look at the state of this defending.

Watch it a couple of times focusing individually on Coleman and Keane. I can genuinely sit here and say that I'd have provided more resistance to this attack than the pair of them if I was on the pitch. Holgate gets nowhere near it and Godfrey loses the tackle that should have led to the goal but they come out of this looking relatively good having actually blocked off some space or slowed the move down.

Honestly if I was Pickford, Doucoure, Calvert-Lewin I'd be on to my agent saying get me the fuck out of this mad house. You can be a shit team or you can be below 100% motivation but even if you're both of those things, seeing Coleman giving up like that and Keane watching himself get skinned you should just never see to that extent in a professional football match.

I'm convinced that Sean Dyche is to centre-backs what Nagelsmann is to forwards.

No matter how good your scouts and analysts say they are, just steer clear. They might actually be a decent player, but more likely they're going to be a Keane or Joelinton.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived