F1 2021 - Mexican GP - 5-7th November

football forum

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to F1 2021 - Mexican GP - 5-7th November
  • The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber

Mercedes spanked the Bulls in the end. What a bizarre year 😂. Tsunoda arguably ruined both the senior team's final runs there but I don't think they had the pace anyway.

Bottas has had Hamilton's number all weekend as well. We know how it ends if they're running 1-2 though just like Red Bull.

Some concern with Red Bull's rear wings. They've had to tape them up and seem to have compromised some performance for reliability. I get the feeling they'll perform better in the race, ought to be interesting but that's ended up being Mercedes' best qualifying of the season after being over half a second down in third practice.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Mercedes spanked the Bulls in the end. What a bizarre year 😂. Tsunoda arguably ruined both the senior team's final runs there but I don't think they had the pace anyway.

Bottas has had Hamilton's number all weekend as well. We know how it ends if they're running 1-2 though just like Red Bull.

Some concern with Red Bull's rear wings. They've had to tape them up and seem to have compromised some performance for reliability. I get the feeling they'll perform better in the race, ought to be interesting but that's ended up being Mercedes' best qualifying of the season after being over half a second down in third practice.

Any pics?

• Subscriber

Just a wrong place at a wrong time, it's unfortunate. A bit weird to have a slow driver at that point there, but then it's not really Tsunod's fault. Although I don't think it mattered in the end anyway; the pace of the Red Bulls didn't look good enough to beat the Mercs there.

27 minutes ago, nudge said:

Just a wrong place at a wrong time, it's unfortunate. A bit weird to have a slow driver at that point there, but then it's not really Tsunod's fault. Although I don't think it mattered in the end anyway; the pace of the Red Bulls didn't look good enough to beat the Mercs there.

Only thing I'd say about pace is that it happened in Max's strongest sector. At best he may have got second not pole. 

Anyway, there no yellow flags, he didn't need to stop. But I think he played it safe.

Quite a few people think third isn't a bad spot to be on the grid.

29 minutes ago, nudge said:

Also, RB be fine. Merc strategic team are likely to fuck things up 🤣

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Only thing I'd say about pace is that it happened in Max's strongest sector. At best he may have got second not pole. 

Anyway, there no yellow flags, he didn't need to stop. But I think he played it safe.

Quite a few people think third isn't a bad spot to be on the grid.

Yeah he lifted expecting yellow flags, so could maybe have improved to 2nd, but even that is not a given.

24 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Also, RB be fine. Merc strategic team are likely to fuck things up 🤣

Let's be honest, the top 3 is crashing out in Turn 1, no?... xD

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah he lifted expecting yellow flags, so could maybe have improved to 2nd, but even that is not a given.

Let's be honest, the top 3 is crashing out in Turn 1, no?... xD

I reckon Max and Lewis get better starts than Bottas. Lewis on the right, Max to the left and Bottas middle. All 3 side by side going into turn 1. This would be a great scenario.

• Subscriber

Lewis and Max DNF and a genuine fight between Valtteri 3.0 and Checo for the win would be a cool race.

I can still see Red Bull having the edge on race pace though, which will make things interesting if the order stays unchanged at the start. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived