• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 11 Matches - 6-7th November, 2021

football forums

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Approaching half time, neither goalkeeper had to make a save yet. Both sides set up to soak up pressure and counter attack. Neither obliging the other by applying any of said pressure.

It's been okay from us. About as much as I can say.

• Subscriber

Delph off for Davies, gets a standing ovation. Our fans can be cunts but they really don't want that much. Put a graft in for 60 minutes like that it'll be appreciated even after 2 seasons of being shit, injured and winding up our fans on Instagram.

Smith-Rowe puts Arsenal ahead.

• Subscriber

Everton given a penalty then overturned by VAR. Couldn't tell from any of the replays whether Richarlison or Lloris got the touch first so I can't see how that's clear and obvious so the on-field decision should stand but it's Everton so.

• Subscriber

Romero gives Richarlison a little kiss with his forehead. Richarlison goes down like a bitch as you'd expect. Regardless, Romero lucky to only get a yellow. Richarlison has been sent off for that exact mini-headbutt in the past.

Spurs are winning this, late Kane penalty.

• Subscriber

Bad-tempered game, we have to take it to avoid four consecutive defeats heading into the international break.

Expected more from Spurs. Conte seemed happy with a clean sheet and a point, something to build on from his perspective I suppose. They had chances to break but the transition from midfield to attack was poor from them.

As for us, can't fault the fighting spirit this time, we edged the game in the second half but not enough quality in the final third to really create anything against a quite defensive and well organised team. Pickford and Lloris probably made about 2 saves each if that.

The penalty decision was marginal, I don't think any of the replays were conclusive in either direction and in a scenario like that you should give the defender the benefit of the doubt. However, I don't think any of the replays were clear that the on-field decision was clearly and obviously wrong so the fact it was overturned leaves a bad taste in the mouth for us.

The red card, you'll see loads of slow motion clips and screenshots making it look horrible. It's an accidental collision following the clearance from Holgate. He makes a poor decision about following through aggressively to make sure he clears it. He's arguably unlucky but when you make contact like that for any reason with the other player you're going to get sent off. Can't really complain on reflection. Putting him on in midfield was a strange move from Benitez in those circumstances though, he's short of match practice and out of position. Gave the ball away poorly twice in that position before that incident.

Hopefully get some players back after the international break.

• Administrator

@Lucasand most Leeds fan will be disappointed not to win that.

Especially with the onslaught after the 2nd half. 

It was the right line up to start with but our passing was poor. We couldn't cope with the pressure Leeds apply off the ball. 

Barnes goal was the best thing about our game. I think Iheanacho or Daka should have come on for Lookman. 

I'm wondering how the ref didn't book a couple of their players though. Convinced there was an error with VAR with the incident in the first half with Vardy being brought down after the ball came off Struijk. Lookman's goal narrowly disallowed. I do wonder if the frame used to adjudge it offside was incorrect however I do admit that may be clutching at straws and even if we did score then, it was heavily against the run of play. 

Shite subs from Benitez put us needlessly on the back foot, Mason Holgate shouldn't wear the shirt again. 

The referee completely lost control of the game, one of the worst phases of play you'll see officiating wise in regards to the Richarlison incident. 

Spurs are laughably shit too.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

@Lucasand most Leeds fan will be disappointed not to win that.

Especially with the onslaught after the 2nd half. 

It was the right line up to start with but our passing was poor. We couldn't cope with the pressure Leeds apply off the ball. 

Barnes goal was the best thing about our game. I think Iheanacho or Daka should have come on for Lookman. 

I'm wondering how the ref didn't book a couple of their players though. Convinced there was an error with VAR with the incident in the first half with Vardy being brought down after the ball came off Struijk. Lookman's goal narrowly disallowed. I do wonder if the frame used to adjudge it offside was incorrect however I do admit that may be clutching at straws and even if we did score then, it was heavily against the run of play. 

As you said, we should have won. Much more like how we were last year.

That was our best performance of the season actually today, we really gave you a right going over at times. If we just had more composure or that extra bit of quality/clinicality when it counted, I think we could have ended up with a 3-1 kinda scoreline. How Harrison spoons that over from a yard out in the 2nd half is beyond me.

Adam Forshaw's first 90mins in 2 years, absolutely chuffed for him to perform at that level, was a brilliant performance and complimented Phillips well. Stuey Dallas was supurb at RB too.

Absolute gut wrencher to concede that Barnes goal so soon after we scored, especially when Leicester weren't in the game but at least it was a top quality goal and nothing shit on our part.

I do think Llorente was lucky not to see red for that Vardy challenge but thay said, Evans handballed it at the other end in the build up so justice was done.

Gave too much credit to Leicester today. Really surprised me how in their shell they were. Vardy absolutely anonymous. Don't quite seem to have the same threat from the fullbacks they once got either.

• Subscriber

I feel like Rodgers has lost his spark at Leicester. Just the latest flat performance in a season of them, bailed out by a moment of magic. He's lost his nerve. That Amartey for Barnes sub was totally ridiculous - I'd expect that at 1-1 at Anfield or Man City, not a side who've only beaten Norwich & Watford all season.

Really thought we may have turned a corner after the Man Utd win but it's increasingly looking like that result was more about them than us.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

As you said, we should have won. Much more like how we were last year.

That was our best performance of the season actually today, we really gave you a right going over at times. If we just had more composure or that extra bit of quality/clinicality when it counted, I think we could have ended up with a 3-1 kinda scoreline. How Harrison spoons that over from a yard out in the 2nd half is beyond me.

Adam Forshaw's first 90mins in 2 years, absolutely chuffed for him to perform at that level, was a brilliant performance and complimented Phillips well. Stuey Dallas was supurb at RB too.

Absolute gut wrencher to concede that Barnes goal so soon after we scored, especially when Leicester weren't in the game but at least it was a top quality goal and nothing shit on our part.

I do think Llorente was lucky not to see red for that Vardy challenge but thay said, Evans handballed it at the other end in the build up so justice was done.

Gave too much credit to Leicester today. Really surprised me how in their shell they were. Vardy absolutely anonymous. Don't quite seem to have the same threat from the fullbacks they once got either.

We've got a bizarre record of doing this this season. Something like the fourth or fifth time we've scored almost immediately after conceding.

Two and a half games since we’ve had a shot on target in the league…

Can’t say much about the game yesterday; draw definitely a fair result, two poor teams right now, lacking a spark and confidence. Could at least see some patterns or play and a system emerging for us yesterday though so some positives but ultimately it’s not a quick fix for Conte.

Decent away day though, one of our best ends for a while, and Conte has energised the support at least. The Goodison groan in full effect yesterday - nowhere in the country complains like them 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived