• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UEFA World Cup Playoffs

football forum

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, 6666 said:

I think it's pretty ridiculous to basically go after the football team. I know people see the name Russia and just connect everything together as if it's one thing but it isn't. Mentally lazy in my opinion.

Imagine any of this happening when it came to the US and their love for bombing other countries. But in that situation, the government is one thing and sports and entertainment are all something separate.

It doesn't solve anything. It's just a case of people wanting to show they're doing something against Russia, even if it isn't against anyone that's at fault.

I have sympathy for the Russian players. But I think it has to be done. I know its not their fault but I dont think its possible to have a Russian team at a world cup at the moment 

• 3 weeks later...

Normally I would want Wales or Scotland to qualify but it's a bit harder at the moment because of what's happening in ukraine 

• Administrator

European WCQ Play-offs

all kick-offs GMT

Thursday 24th March, 2022
Path A
Wales vs Austria, 19.45
Scotland vs Ukraine (TBC, June 2022)

Path B
Russia vs Poland* 
*Poland receive a bye due to Russia's invasion of Ukraine
Sweden vs Czech Republic, 19.45

Path C
Italy vs North Macedonia, 19.45
Portugal vs Turkey, 19.45

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Aladdin said:

Portugal without many first team starters however Turkey should be beatable

Who's missing? Squad is very strong isn't it? Can't see any glaring absences. Ruben Dias the most obvious one but he's been injured for a few weeks anyway so was expected to miss out. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Who's missing? Squad is very strong isn't it? Can't see any glaring absences. Ruben Dias the most obvious one but he's been injured for a few weeks anyway so was expected to miss out. 

https://newsable.asianetnews.com/sports/football-qatar-world-cup-2022-playoffs-no-ruben-dias-pepe-and-more-leave-portugal-fans-sweating-snt-r94v4l

Wales have done well to take a 1-0 lead into half-time thanks to Bale's excellent strike from the free-kick. However, Austria are still in this game and they exerted quite a lot of pressure towards the end of that first half, but the Welsh were equal to it. The Austrian keeper also made a couple of good saves and the 2nd half should be just as entertaining as the 1st half was.

Archived