talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 1-0 Crystal Palace - Tuesday 30th November, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.15

Live on Amazon Prime Video

1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png       VS     821px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
08/02/2021 - Leeds 2-0 Crystal Palace
07/11/2020 - Crystal Palace 4-1 Leeds
09/03/2013 - Crystal Palace 2-2 Leeds (Championship)

Recent Form
Leeds - DLDWL
Crystal Palace - LDWWD

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like Joachim Anderson will be out for around a month which at this time of the season will equate to about six games. That's a massive loss for us as we have nobody in defence with his pin point distribution to start moves.

Hopefully we get to see Will Hughes play now. Luka and Kouyate cannot play with each other in this system. We look significantly worse without McArthur which is concerning because he shouldn't be indispensable.

Guaita

Ward - Tomkins - Guehi - Mitchell

Kouyate - Hughes

Ayew - Gallagher - Zaha

Benteke

My score prediction is 1 - 1. Edouard, Olise and Eze as potential impact subs should cancel out any Raphinia magic.

This could be the first time in a very long time we've gone into a game home to Palace not as favourite to win.

This and Brentford is massive for us because we're not getting anything out the next few games after that. We need the home support now more than ever this week.

Too soon for Ayling and Bamford who played in an under 23 game last night so it will be the same personnel as Saturday, i'd expect Firpo to be dropped hopefully.

I'm with @The Palace Fan, feels like a 1-1 with opportunities for both to win. Brighton doubled up on Raphinha Saturday, be interesting if Palace attempt the same.

Very lucky win for us there at the end. Palace deserved a draw. I don't think we created enough really.

Honest assessment. It was a very competitive game played out. We dictated the majority of it, took the game more to them but without ever hurting Palace. I actually thought for as little as they had the ball, they looked more dangerous. Benteke missed an absolute sitter.

To be brutally frank, I didn't think we ever looked like scoring tonight, quality in the final third was AWOL. A penalty was probably the only way for us tonight. But the fight and endeavor was there. 

Dallas was terrific against Zaha but Forshaw was equally great in the middle of the park. Chuffed for him.

The roar when Rapha buried that penalty tonight though, wow. How we have missed that.

Big, big three points for us. Not pretty but we fought and scrapped for it. One of them nights where home advantage helps and the 50/50's plus little rubs of the green fall your way when you need it.

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How many times have Palace lost points in the 90th minute? Seems absurd tbh

It's happened in all the evening games we've been on TV this season.

All stupid errors that could have been avoided too. It was a stonewall penalty. Only Guehi knows why his arm was up like that.

• The title was changed to Leeds 1-0 Crystal Palace - Tuesday 30th November, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned
19 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

FB_IMG_1638303214201.jpg

Happy with that lineup given whose available. Scluppy offers more energy than Luka and Edouard's mobility up top should be useful given the calibre of opposition.

I actually thought Edouard was non-existent and Benteke had far more affect when he came on last night. Immediately won a header and knocked the ball out to Zaha who was having a right ding dong with Dallas. Obviously missed a sitter mind.

I think having Will Hughes back in the team will do you good though, simply so you can push Gallagher up. He seemed to get sucked back last night and I felt the midfield pressure we put on stopped him getting forward and having much influence in the final third. Clearly a very good player when he does get tue opportunity to do so.

12 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

It's happened in all the evening games we've been on TV this season.

All stupid errors that could have been avoided too. It was a stonewall penalty. Only Guehi knows why his arm was up like that.

Explains why it seems like it's happened so much.

It's got to be frustrating for the manager and fans. What's the manager meant to do about good performances being undone by moments of individual stupidity? And for fans it's got to be annoying obviously.

@Lucas  @Dr. Gonzo Sorry Gents thought I replied.

On 01/12/2021 at 15:56, Lucas said:

I actually thought Edouard was non-existent and Benteke had far more affect when he came on last night. Immediately won a header and knocked the ball out to Zaha who was having a right ding dong with Dallas. Obviously missed a sitter mind.

I think having Will Hughes back in the team will do you good though, simply so you can push Gallagher up. He seemed to get sucked back last night and I felt the midfield pressure we put on stopped him getting forward and having much influence in the final third. Clearly a very good player when he does get tue opportunity to do so.

The second half was better than the first in terms of set up. I dont think anybody played particularly bad but Will Hughes did give us more bite, Olise could have given Struijk a torrid time in that first half and Benteke allowed Zaha to focus on the left. That said Benteke has now missed seven big chances this season. We all want him to succeed but that's a big concern. That header was some miss and we nearly got fortunate when Meslier clawed one off the line but at the same time Rodrigo should have scored and Tomkins nearly scored an own goal. So we can't rue on missed chances.

Hopefully confidence doesn't eradicate as we were worth the draw away from home at a difficult ground but the last three games have been a bit of a reality check.

On 01/12/2021 at 18:20, Dr. Gonzo said:

Explains why it seems like it's happened so much.

It's got to be frustrating for the manager and fans. What's the manager meant to do about good performances being undone by moments of individual stupidity? And for fans it's got to be annoying obviously.

Its definitely annoying. The good stuff isn't working. Were too wasteful at this level and it's costing us. We were wasteful in 2vs2 and 3vs3 situations with careless passing and too many touches. When youre that careless you invite trouble.

I think the penalty was unfortunate than a mistake in hindsight. Guehi led with his arm but he cant jump like a penguin in that scenario. He gambled there wouldn't be a flick on and unfortunately it happened.

Archived