19/09/2020 - Arsenal 2-1 West Ham
07/03/2020 - Arsenal 1-0 West Ham

Recent Form
Arsenal - WLLWL
West Ham - DLWDL

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember after we beat Arsenal I said when they get a fit first eleven without any injuries they will provide some real problems.

Arsenal have been excellent first half, they really are just a few players off of a consistent challenge for top 4

Saw the last 15 mins, Arsenal on top borderline penalty decisions for me though ref not interested.

Partey catches Antonio around the face when the latter challenges with a rugby challenge,  ref rightly for me gives it to Arsenal.

Tierney unlucky with his late strike and Martinelli probably should have scored.

WHU should be better in the 2nd though Dawson or another might gift the gunners a penalty.

We've been good tonight. We have looked like a top 4 side. Still dont think we will finish in the top 4 but it does look like  we have improved at least. 

We had a penalty but missed it. Penalty was a bit harsh. He got the ball. Probably if the referee hadn't given it they wouldn't have changed it.But quite often penalties are given even if they get the ball if they get a lot of the player as well. Second yellow seems harsh 

1 minute ago, Danny said:

I don’t mind refs giving cards to players for giving them shit, players need to learn respect. But it should never have been called as a foul, laces in the follow through is just not a foul at all if he got the ball first 

He got a lot of lacazette as well though. Quite often penalties are given for tackles like that. Its harsh though 

Commentary on about it not being a “clear and obvious” error from the ref so it won’t be overturned. Sorry, but the fact he clearly and obviously won the ball first should absolutely matter. Absolute hate how VAR is being used. 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

He got a lot of lacazette as well though. Quite often penalties are given for tackles like that. Its harsh though 

They’re given for wrecklessness. If that’s wreckless he has to send Coufal off, if it’s not wreckless he doesn’t blow the whistle. Dangerous territory when a non-wreckless tackle that makes contact after winning the ball is called as a foul and allowed to remain 

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

They’re given for wrecklessness. If that’s wreckless he has to send Coufal off, if it’s not wreckless he doesn’t blow the whistle. Dangerous territory when a non-wreckless tackle that makes contact after winning the ball is called as a foul and allowed to remain 

I don't think he has to send him of. It's a yellow which he was given. It use to be but it changed when they decided not to send players of and give a penalty unless they foul an attacker who is clean through on goal. I think that's right anyway. To be honest west ham have played better since then red 

• The title was changed to Arsenal 2-0 West Ham - Wednesday 15th December, 2021
1 minute ago, Stan said:

2-0 Smith Rowe seals the win. Allowed to run, not closed down and scores from just outside the edge of the box. 

West Ham hitting some poor form now. 

They have  been better since the red card actually. I think we would have won anyway. Great goal buy the Croydon de bruyne 

Good performance and deserved win. Probably should've scored a couple more.

Man Utd do have a game in hand and Tottenham have three (which is crazy) so we still need to catch up but overall we're doing okay.

Hoping Lacazette signs a new contract. Links up with the attackers behind him very well and who knows who else we'll have with Aubameyang probably moving on and Nketiah's contract running out.

Wondering if we'll see Martinelli upfront with ESR, Odegaard, and Saka behind him anytime in the near future.

The problem for West Ham has always been strength in depth.

1 win in 6 now, I think they are just starting to look a little bit leggy, they could do with a little breather or the side being freshened up a bit.

They kind of need that fresh injection that Lingard gave them last January don't they, be interesting to see if they go there again.

Antonio desperately needs a goal, Benrahma isn't consistent, and there is an over reliance to a degree on Bowen now as the form player for them. Soucek hasn't been on a mad one either.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator
8 hours ago, Lucas said:

The problem for West Ham has always been strength in depth.

1 win in 6 now, I think they are just starting to look a little bit leggy, they could do with a little breather or the side being freshened up a bit.

They kind of need that fresh injection that Lingard gave them last January don't they, be interesting to see if they go there again.

Antonio desperately needs a goal, Benrahma isn't consistent, and there is an over reliance to a degree on Bowen now as the form player for them. Soucek hasn't been on a mad one either.

Nice easy game against Norwich next up! 

Archived