30/01/2021 - Everton 0-2 Newcastle
01/11/2020 - Newcastle 2-1 Everton

Recent Form
Everton - LLWLL
Newcastle - LWWWD

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As mad as it sounds if Everton suffer a heavy defeat I think the board may have to sit down and think about pulling the plug on the Lampard experiment early. 

It's clear he wants to play a certain way but given the position Everton are in they need points on the board early.

I'm not suggesting they go back to him given how unpopular he was in his last stint at the club but a Sam Allardyce style of manager is what they need to the end of the season just to keep them up.

The big fear I have for them is that if they go down and lose key players I can't see them coming straight back up with there finances. It could easily slip in to another Leeds United situation.

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

As mad as it sounds if Everton suffer a heavy defeat I think the board may have to sit down and think about pulling the plug on the Lampard experiment early. 

It's clear he wants to play a certain way but given the position Everton are in they need points on the board early.

I'm not suggesting they go back to him given how unpopular he was in his last stint at the club but a Sam Allardyce style of manager is what they need to the end of the season just to keep them up.

The big fear I have for them is that if they go down and lose key players I can't see them coming straight back up with there finances. It could easily slip in to another Leeds United situation.

Carragher hit the nail on the head with this last night. We had Rafa Benitez as manager who's one of the biggest "pragmatic"/Allardyce-types left in modern football and the players couldn't do what he wanted either.

I say this with absolute sincerity. Any "key players" who have been a part of this absolute disgrace of a campaign can clear off. Pickford, Gordon and Richarlison are the only players at Everton who deserve any genuine credit for their performances this season and that's not even setting the bar particularly high. Pickford has made mistakes, Gordon is young and raw but works hard, Richarlison has been in and out of the teams and only actually scored 4 Premier League goals. I would rather see us go down and really have a hard look at what the fuck we are doing with this football club, than sack yet another manager and get a firefighter in to scrape 17th place, because all we do by clinging on and papering over the cracks is delay the inevitable for another few years. We need more fundamental change to fix this football club. If it takes us getting relegated to the Championship, even staying there for half a decade or more, then so be it. There's more to life and more to football than the Premier League. I won't pretend that I won't be devastated if we end up going down, but the club is in a devastating state already.

If relegation to the Championship even sends us down to League One, into administration, takes the stadium away from us, I just don't care. I absolutely despise this iteration of Everton Football Club and if we have to see it burned to the ground for something worth feeling a bit of affection for to rise back out of the ashes then so be it.

• Subscriber

This is what Carragher had to say and he's correct.

"You've got Rafa Benitez and you can think he's defensive, he sat off teams and allowed other teams to play, but Frank is completely the opposite.

"You looked at Rafa thinking it was dull, it was boring, and he didn't create an atmosphere at Goodison, whereas Frank in home games has gone after teams, pressed teams and tried to play out from the back, and yet they are still getting awful results.

"They've had Carlo Ancelotti, they've had Rafa Benitez, they've had Ronald Koeman, they've had Marco Silva… they've tried every manager you can possibly think of.

"It's probably similar to Man United's situation where, no matter what manager you're picking, it's not working.

"The players are an absolute disgrace at Everton, they really are."

• Subscriber

Imagine playing for Everton fucking Football Club, a club who haven't been relegated since before the grandparents of any current Everton player were born, with the prospect of being a part of the squad who ended that run hanging over you, and still not being motivated enough by your own professional pride to stop that from happening, that the club feels the need to get fans to send phone calls and emails to motivate/guilt trip you into actually putting a shift in against Newcastle on Thursday.

They spent all last week begging for the fans to win the Wolves game for them as well. Take some responsibility. Spineless shithouses.

10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Imagine playing for Everton fucking Football Club, a club who haven't been relegated since before the grandparents of any current Everton player were born, with the prospect of being a part of the squad who ended that run hanging over you, and still not being motivated enough by your own professional pride to stop that from happening, that the club feels the need to get fans to send phone calls and emails to motivate/guilt trip you into actually putting a shift in against Newcastle on Thursday.

They spent all last week begging for the fans to win the Wolves game for them as well. Take some responsibility. Spineless shithouses.

Handing out additional plastic flags?

How very Chelsea!

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Chelsea also handed out plastic flags to fans for their CL games against us. 

I thought Leicester were the happy clappers? xD

I lose track to be honest. They're all bad Tories down South.

*runs away before anyone can bring up Lampard*

• Administrator
9 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I thought Leicester were the happy clappers?

We have them but there's plans to get rid of them, or at least not have them on every seat. Thankfully. I can't stand them. 

10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Some of the replies are greatxD

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Some of the replies are greatxD

Say what you want about our fans, nobody can deny our ability to laugh at ourselves. Calvert-Lewin got 3 points on his driving licence the other day for speeding. There was some good content following that as well. When you're as embarrassing as Everton at the moment, I suppose it's a case of getting in there first before other fans get the chance.

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm amazed that Newcastle have won their last 3 against Everton. Seems Everton always beat them I guess I'm wrong 

And the game before those three was the one where Everton were 2-0 up after 93 minutes and ended up drawing 2-2 xD

willock returns, Shelvey is touch and go and Joelinton will be a late decision as he has been playing with a groin niggle since November.   ASM and Fraser return.

give how a weakened team played against Chelsea, this is a game we have to look at as a 3 point affair.  there are then 17 days to recover before playing the last game of a 4 away games on the bounce. 

• Subscriber

Anyone ever get that feeling the night before an operation or a filling or having to break up with someone tomorrow or something generally very unpleasant, that you don't want to go to bed because then when you wake up, it's the day of that very unpleasant thing?

I've never had that feeling this badly before a football match or any sporting event.

Even if our lot do manage to pull something resembling a decent performance out of their backsides, Newcastle are one of the form teams in the league and there's no guarantee it'll be enough.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Got Covid apparently.

Nice of him to catch something this season then.

:ph34r:

Archived