talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

England 2-1 Switzerland - Saturday 26th March, 2022

football forum

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not brilliant from England but not awful either. 

One thing I must say, despite Ramsdale having a decent season, Pickford is just mental in an England jumper. It's like the collective spirits of better goalkeepers project into him when he plays for his country. The Swiss would have been 2-0 and probably lights out if not for a fantastic save. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Not brilliant from England but not awful either. 

One thing I must say, despite Ramsdale having a decent season, Pickford is just mental in an England jumper. It's like the collective spirits of better goalkeepers project into him when he plays for his country. The Swiss would have been 2-0 and probably lights out if not for a fantastic save. 

He's probably the first English keeper I can remember that's better for country than club - and it's normally a substantial problem in the other direction.

Ramsdale probably does deserve a few games but him getting injured ahead of this probably saves Pickford's number one spot beyond any threat. Pickford has never let England down.

• Subscriber

Pickford hasn't been poor or even average for Everton for about Two full years. He had a bad patch and it was an extended one, the best part of a season, but that's still comfortably the minority of his Everton career. Aside from that one bad season, he's been in our top three players of the season every time since he joined. Yes go ahead with all the banter about how that's not saying much. But I'm so, so tired of saying this. If you believe that Pickford is actually bad for Everton, you need to spend less time getting your football opinions from very hilarious Liverpool and Newcastle fans on social media who watch every Everton game on an illegal stream in their Mum's basement, and post very hilarious 5 year old photoshops of Pickford with T-Rex arms every time Everton concede a goal, and more time actually watching the lad play for his club to form your own conclusions.

There's a minority of the Everton fanbase who fall for it as well but if you asked most sensible Everton fans which players they'd be most gutted to lose, you'd probably have Richarlison first and then Pickford, and that tells you a lot more than idiots peddling an agenda.

• The title was changed to England 2-1 Switzerland - Saturday 26th March, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived