talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Highest Premier League Transfers Adjusted for Inflation

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spike said:

I find it  hard to believe  £15,000,000 has inflated to over £200,000,000 in under 30 years

What sort of formula are they using ?

I dont know but I do know clubs spend less of their overall income on players. When madrid bought zidane for £40million it would of been something like £300 million in modern money and that was a few years ago 

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I dont know but I do know clubs spend less of their overall income on players. When madrid bought zidane for £40million it would of been something like £300 million in modern money and that was a few years ago 

The £ has not inflated nearly 800% in 20 years

the inflation is based on player value inflation not money inflation.  Alan sheared when he was bought was easily a top 5 player off three thirty goal seasons in the hardest league in the world, in 2022 that would cost 222 million if Haaland costs 170m or what Dortmund want.

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

The £ has not inflated nearly 800% in 20 years

I'm not saying it has. Its something to do with clubs income has gone up much faster than general inflation and they actually spend less of that income on transfers than they do now 

18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It doesn’t share the calculation but I believe it factors in inflation as well as the huge revenue increases

Yeah thats what it is. Clubs revenue has gone up significantly faster than general inflation. I remember hearing about it before 

we need regulations on maximum transfer fees payable as well as max ceilings determined by the teams market size.   that will reduce inflated values and cause teams to make the most of capped yearly transfer funds.  

at the end of each season have like major league baseball.   arbitrators determine the valuation of players thus removing scalping fees

Archived