talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Emilia Romagna GP - 22-24th April

football forum

• Subscriber

I didn't see the sprint. Was expecting a dull affair when I saw the highlights video was only 5 minutes long so Max getting a run on Charles in the last two laps took me a bit by surprise.

While I'm sure some people found the sprint exciting, it's a bit disappointing that in terms of the starting grid tomorrow, it's just resulted in Perez and Sainz getting out of jail for their poor qualifying performances. Takes some of the interest out of the actual Grand Prix when we have the usual suspects back in the top four now after the likes of Norris and Magnussen managed to make the most of the opportunities presented by a mixed condition qualifying session. Looks like a bit of an own goal from Haas being the only team to run on Mediums by the way? Unless they had high tyre degradation or some other good reason for it.

Also, and I'm sorry for whining on, but DRS looks vastly overpowered again here, just like it was in Bahrain and Jeddah. I'm getting a bit sick of it now. Leclerc vs Verstappen looked like a genuinely decent battle but all of those overtakes by Sainz and Perez to get back to the top are far too easy and not exciting. It's just one car driving past the other. Very little driving skill or level of risk is coming into these overtakes and those are the things that are actually exciting about on-track battles.

Hope for some rain tomorrow then even though Red Bull look to have the measure of this track in dry conditions and we could do with them picking up big points to make the championship a bit more of a battle again. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

This race needed rain badly, but it seems it's not coming anymore.

If they did a second pit stop which won't happen. Then at least Charles could push on Perez to make it a finale. If it stays a one stop they'll just cruise to the end.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived