talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So apparently you tried to sign Jordan Beyer from Gladbach on loan, but Gladbach have rejected the deal because they need him themselves after all those injuries they've suffered. 😬

I already lost count on how many players we tried to sign and got rejected 😅😂 

Linton Maina case is the most absurd. We agreed terms with him and with Hannover, and then he had a last-minute change of mind 🙄 so now everyone is pissed off, even Hannover, as they are now trying to sell him to Hertha 😂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I already lost count on how many players we tried to sign and got rejected 😅😂 

Linton Maina case is the most absurd. We agreed terms with him and with Hannover, and then he had a last-minute change of mind 🙄 so now everyone is pissed off, even Hannover, as they are now trying to sell him to Hertha 😂

Yea, every day I read reports of players or clubs rejecting Werder. I felt sorry at first, but now it's just absurdly funny. xD

Baumann probably calling the higher ups like: 

tenor.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, nudge said:

What a turn of events - we are signing Marvin Ducksch, after all! 

Didn't work out for us, but we had Friedhelm Funkel back then, who is a decent but not a modern coach. I hope he'll be an assset for you! 

When I look at the stats, I think maybe we were the problem after all. xD

Unbenannt.png

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Didn't work out for us, but we had Friedhelm Funkel back then, who is a decent but not a modern coach. I hope he'll be an assset for you! 

When I look at the stats, I think maybe we were the problem after all. xD

Unbenannt.png

Yeah, he did really well under Anfang in Kiel, looks to fit into his system really well, so I hope he'll deliver 😬 but we still need more players, especially wingers. Still, I'm happy we are finally signing someone decent 😅

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coma said:

It cracks me up that Jeff Goldblum is still relevant all these years later.  

Jeff Goldblum is a treasure! I once binge watched Jeff Goldblum videos on youtube. What a character. xD

• Subscriber

We've agreed to sell Möhwald to Union (2m transfer fee, reportedly), but it will only happen if we find a replacement in time.

Also, were still expected to sign a fullback as well; Regensburg's Tim Handwerker is rumoured to be one of the top candidates.

• Subscriber

This transfer window is getting crazier and crazier. Now numerous media sources are reporting that we're apparently trying to sign Christian Fassnacht :o

Also Friedl is apparently set to join an unnamed 1. Bundesliga club, and new offers coming in for Toprak.

26 minutes ago, nudge said:

Wow, so if latest reports are true, Friedl is apparently on some sort of "strike" trying to force a transfer, while the clubs haven't agreed terms yet.

Like Kostic at Frankfurt. Absolutely despicable behaviour. 

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, nudge said:

Wow, so if latest reports are true, Friedl is apparently on some sort of "strike" trying to force a transfer, while the clubs haven't agreed terms yet.

I wonder what the club is. Hopefully not us. 

41 minutes ago, nudge said:

Honestly, do think the only way the end such behaviour is to bring these players to labor court for not fulfilling their contractual duties. We did with Jurcher a few years ago and it worked wonders.

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber
Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Honestly, do think the only way the end such behaviour is to bring these players to labor court for not fulfilling their contractual duties. We did with Jurcher a few years ago and it worked wonders.

Yeah, but the proceedings would take a while, I imagine? Meanwhile, the transfer window closes in a few days, and we could well use the money by selling a player who doesn't want to be here and bring in one or two others to strengthen weak areas of the squad.

How did the whole thing go in Saarbrücken back then? Did he end up staying in the club, or was sold? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, but the proceedings would take a while, I imagine? Meanwhile, the transfer window closes in a few days, and we could well use the money by selling a player who doesn't want to be here and bring in one or two others to strengthen weak areas of the squad.

How did the whole thing go in Saarbrücken back then? Did he end up staying in the club, or was sold? 

Stayed for the season and was sold on the next one. FCS weren't insterested in selling him that year, though. Which was why he went on strike to force the transfer.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Stayed for thje season and was sold on the next one. FCS weren't insterested in selling him that year, though.

Did he play regularly that season and perform as normal? I'm always wary of the disruptive nature of things like that and the potential of unrest in the squad. 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Did he play regularly that season and perform as normal? I'm always wary of the disruptive nature of things like that and the potential of unrest in the squad. 

Can't speak of his influence on the squad behind the scenes, we were promoted to 3.Liga and reached the The DFB-Pokal semifinale said season, though. Although he played less regurlarly than the season before the case wasn't too disruptive I'd say.

• Upvote 1