talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Eco said:

Gutted. 

I would have loved for Augsburg to find some way to make this work. Absolutely love him. 

Bremen went to the bank with Sargent, I think Norwich will lose money on that deal. 

Whom? Sargent or Augustinsson?

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Augustinsson is a fucking disappointment. 

Ah, I thought he was rather a solid player when I watched my odd on Bremen game and was hoping we would make a bid for him once you lot went down. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Eco said:

Ah, I thought he was rather a solid player when I watched my odd on Bremen game and was hoping we would make a bid for him once you lot went down. 

His crossing and corners are atrocious. Thought it maybe was an issue with us, but watching him play for Sweden in the Euros, it's  quite clearly not. Also often out with muscular injuries, and I didn't expect him to sulk like a little bitch about leaving us, considering that he's been touted as a "model professional" before. Definitely a decent signing for ca. 5m, but fuck him anyway.

• Subscriber

Supervisory board member Thomas Krohne stands down with immediate effect as he's unhappy with Marco Bode, the unwillingness to make changes, and general trust in transparent and democratic processes in the club. The last drop was Bode's statement to the press on Sunday (regarding Frank Baumann's work and future) without discussing it with all the members of the board.

His last message: „Einen Neuanfang für Werder Bremen kann es nur geben, wenn der echte und feste Wille für Veränderungen da ist. Diesen Willen sehe ich nicht.“  :( 

Fuck. We're officially worse than HSV.

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

His last message: „Einen Neuanfang für Werder Bremen kann es nur geben, wenn der echte und feste Wille für Veränderungen da ist. Diesen Willen sehe ich nicht.“  :( 

That is fucking depressing. 🙁

Just now, nudge said:

Yeah, and something we knew for a long time now. 

Well I am certainly gutted for you. 

I would love to keep up more with the inner working of a club, but with limited German and not sure where to find it, it is a bit difficult. 

Regardless, I didn't know it was THIS bad. 

What a horrendous start to the week for this club. 

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Apart from Sargent, you’ve sold everybody for pittance. Terrible. 

We're desperate for money to survive + we got relegated + all of the players underperformed for years + there were not many offers and interest altogether + it's the worst time to sell, as outside of the big clubs that are not interested in this caliber of players, transfer budgets are significantly lower than 2-3 years ago. 

Really an unfortunate set of circumstances.

It has been crazy just how much the big name players of the squad lost value over the last year or two. Yes some of it is covid of course, but the poor performance of the players to what they once were is massive. From some of what I have seen, between Eggestein and Rashica we lost around 20 to 30 million in value in the matter of a year or two. I am curious how much of that was down to the players themselves and how much was the coaching.

• Subscriber

So 7 supervisory board candidates have been announced today. 4 of them will be voted in during the next annual member meeting in September.

Harm Ohlmeyer - 53 years old, from Röttenbach (Bayern), Adidas' CFO. Also a good friend of Klaus Filbry.

Oliver Spalthoff - 51 years old, from Bremen, CEO of Tractebel DOC (Deutsche Offshore Consult). Has experience in investment banking, auditing and business consulting. Has professsional ties with OHB, a space technology company in Bremen, the chairman of which is a current member of our supervisory board.

Dr. Florian Weiß - 43 years old, from Starnberg,  CEO of Jameda (an online doctor/patient portal). Studied business administration and journalism.

Oliver R. Harms - 53 years old, from Bremen, an economist and businessman, spent over 25 years in Asia and is currently working for several Asian companies as a consultant and member of the board. 

Henning Lühr - 71 years old, from Bremen, a former State councilor of the Bremen finance department and is well connected in Bremen economy and politics circles. Was part of Weserstadion supervisory board for 18 years.

Dirk Wintermann - 54 years old, from Grossenknetten, the only fan representative who made it to the final electoral list. Was nominated by the Werder fan club with the largest number of members. Professionally, he's the CEO of a family-run craft business.

Alexander Schnitger - 36 years old, from Bremen, a co-owner of the "Karl Geuther Group" which is active in the logistics and trade sector. His grandfather was a lifelong sponsor of the Bremen city.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, nudge said:

So 7 supervisory board candidates have been announced today. 4 of them will be voted in during the next annual member meeting in September.

Harm Ohlmeyer - 53 years old, from Röttenbach (Bayern), Adidas' CFO. Also a good friend of Klaus Filbry.

Oliver Spalthoff - 51 years old, from Bremen, CEO of Tractebel DOC (Deutsche Offshore Consult). Has experience in investment banking, auditing and business consulting. Has professsional ties with OHB, a space technology company in Bremen, the chairman of which is a current member of our supervisory board.

Dr. Florian Weiß - 43 years old, from Starnberg,  CEO of Jameda (an online doctor/patient portal). Studied business administration and journalism.

Oliver R. Harms - 53 years old, from Bremen, an economist and businessman, spent over 25 years in Asia and is currently working for several Asian companies as a consultant and member of the board. 

Henning Lühr - 71 years old, from Bremen, a former State councilor of the Bremen finance department and is well connected in Bremen economy and politics circles. Was part of Weserstadion supervisory board for 18 years.

Dirk Wintermann - 54 years old, from Grossenknetten, the only fan representative who made it to the final electoral list. Was nominated by the Werder fan club with the largest number of members. Professionally, he's the CEO of a family-run craft business.

Alexander Schnitger - 36 years old, from Bremen, a co-owner of the "Karl Geuther Group" which is active in the logistics and trade sector. His grandfather was a lifelong sponsor of the Bremen city.

Is this good news though?

• Subscriber
Just now, Batard said:

Is this good news though?

Yes, considering that this time we're getting more candidates than there are seats in the supervisory board; in recent years we usually chose 4 from 4 candidates, good ol' Soviet style xD 

In all seriousness, this looks like a solid list to me; all candidates with extensive experience and knowledge in business and finances, and in some cases, with good connections within local industry and politics. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes, considering that this time we're getting more candidates than there are seats in the supervisory board; in recent years we usually chose 4 from 4 candidates, good ol' Soviet style xD 

In all seriousness, this looks like a solid list to me; all candidates with extensive experience and knowledge in business and finances, and in some cases, with good connections within local industry and politics. 

Fiscal policy aside, how will they help with the direction of the club on the field in terms of structure and recruitment?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Batard said:

Fiscal policy aside, how will they help with the direction of the club on the field in terms of structure and recruitment?

Hopefully by appointing a new competent sports director, who is directly responsible for that, as well as other members of the management. 

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

Hopefully by appointing a new competent sports director, who is directly responsible for that, as well as other members of the management. 

It sounds like everyone fucked off at the end of the season xD