talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber

The next player we've been linked with for quite a while now is Pascal Groß, and there are new rumours coming out now that we ensured the promotion. Now that would be a massive coup :o 

• Subscriber

Ömer Toprak will leave the club in the summer. 

The right decision, in my opinion. He's good when he's fit, but unfortunately, that's not usually the case :( We offered him a performance-based contract, but couldn't agree terms in the end.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Ömer Toprak will leave the club in the summer. 

The right decision, in my opinion. He's good when he's fit, but unfortunately, that's not usually the case :( We offered him a performance-based contract, but couldn't agree terms in the end.

Your physios will have a lot less work next season. 😅

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Your physios will have a lot less work next season. 😅

Hopefully. I'm surprised Füllkrug managed to stay fit throughout the season, hope it stays that way 😬

18 minutes ago, nudge said:

Apparently, we're about to sign Sarpreet Singh.

He had a down year (by his standards) last year but historically he's done very well in 2. Buli.  Regensburg are rebuilding and they can't afford to buy him outright.  Has he ever had a crack at the Bundesliga?  I don't think he was ever near Bayern's first team.

2 minutes ago, Coma said:

He had a down year (by his standards) last year but historically he's done very well in 2. Buli.  Regensburg are rebuilding and they can't afford to buy him outright.  Has he ever had a crack at the Bundesliga?  I don't think he was ever near Bayern's first team.

Ha, I just looked up his stats and I guess I'm talking out of my ass.  I swore he was in 2. Liga for more than just 1+ seasons.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Coma said:

Ha, I just looked up his stats and I guess I'm talking out of my ass.  I swore he was in 2. Liga for more than just 1+ seasons.

7 minutes ago, Coma said:

Think he looked good for Jahn in Hinrunde last season, and then spent most of the Rückrunde injured... Also as much as I can remember, he was pretty underwhelming in Nürnberg, but it's not surprising, considering that he was just getting used to playing football in Germany.

I think @Stan has seen quite a bit of him in A League?

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, nudge said:

Think he looked good for Jahn in Hinrunde last season, and then spent most of the Rückrunde injured... Also as much as I can remember, he was pretty underwhelming in Nürnberg, but it's not surprising, considering that he was just getting used to playing football in Germany.

I think @Stan has seen quite a bit of him in A League?

Yeah I remember him from A-league but haven't really kept up with what he got up to since leaving there. He was very pacy and skilful and stood out as quite a dynamic midfielder. 

That was a few years ago and he was very young, so even if it hasn't worked out for him in Europe so far, I'm sure he can still resurrect his career and do well. It's quite a jump to move from A-League where the standard is quite low, to a very competitive 2.Bundesliga league. Let alone probably having to adjust off the pitch as well to a new environment. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Apparently he prefers Freiburg. 😬

Well that's a pity. Honestly I think we simply can't afford the transfer fee that Pauli are asking... Either way, I would have loved to have him, but not at any cost.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Two signings in a day. :o

So it seems like Oliver Burke is returning to the Bundesliga. It seems like only yesterday when Scotsman Burke was impressing as a teenager at RB Leipzig several years ago. He went on to have spells at other clubs such as West Bromwich, Celtic, Alaves, Sheffield United and Millwall. 

Burke has a lot of experience despite still only being 25 years of age. I think he should be a good addition to the Werder Bremen squad.

• Upvote 2