talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - French GP - 22-24th July

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

A race of complete stereotypes. Leclerc getting pole and crashing out to give Verstappen a 25 point swing in the championship. Perez not being able to provide a challenge to his teammate in Ferrari's absence. Mercedes somehow getting a double podium after having a 1-second pace deficit in qualifying. Ferrari making a slow stop, unsafe release and mistimed second stop on their other car.

Charles has admitted the mistake now. I suspected it was driver error after his team radio but he was fishing for excuses because he didn't want to believe what he'd done in the heat of the moment. He and Max are each other's equals apart from these errors and it will decide the championship unless Ferrari come up with an upgrade that allows them to win a strong majority of the remaining races.

Ferrari is such a shit show. Argue strategy with their driver during the race, and then call him in after he made a brilliant but useless overtake on Perez. 

Also, what was Perez doing when the Virtual Safety car ended? Did he fall asleep? 

Shame about Charles' error. :/ He was very self critical in the interview. 

• Subscriber

This is interesting. They can't exactly punish Russell for taking advantage but I expect we'll hear about it from Red Bull who I'm sure will suddenly be very passionate about safety car protocol being followed to the letter. :ph34r:

34 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This is interesting. They can't exactly punish Russell for taking advantage but I expect we'll hear about it from Red Bull who I'm sure will suddenly be very passionate about safety car protocol being followed to the letter. :ph34r:

Not sure Red Bull want to go down the ‘what about the rules’ road 😂

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

A race of complete stereotypes. Leclerc getting pole and crashing out to give Verstappen a 25 point swing in the championship. Perez not being able to provide a challenge to his teammate in Ferrari's absence. Mercedes somehow getting a double podium after having a 1-second pace deficit in qualifying. Ferrari making a slow stop, unsafe release and mistimed second stop on their other car.

Charles has admitted the mistake now. I suspected it was driver error after his team radio but he was fishing for excuses because he didn't want to believe what he'd done in the heat of the moment. He and Max are each other's equals apart from these errors and it will decide the championship unless Ferrari come up with an upgrade that allows them to win a strong majority of the remaining races.

Sainz and Charles between them have made too many unforced errors. Throw their strategy into the mix and you have a disaster on the cards. Plus they're up against a flawless Max on the top of his game.

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Karen Horner is on the case. 

Screenshot-49-1-2-853x640.png

Let's not forget that even before his crash, Charles almost threw his lead away in the opening laps when he made a steering error.

It's a bit opportunistic to go after top tier drivers after a costly error, but I can't erase the impression that Charles cracks under pressure a lot sooner than Max does.

18 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Let's not forget that even before his crash, Charles almost threw his lead away in the opening laps when he made a steering error.

It's a bit opportunistic to go after top tier drivers after a costly error, but I can't erase the impression that Charles cracks under pressure a lot sooner than Max does.

The thing is with Chalres and Sainz. They've made errors this season when under no pressure. Maybe there is something with the car we don't know about? If not then it's clearly driver errors.

Ferrari have two solid drivers but I don't think either is at the championship level.   Leclerc can get there but he still needs to work on composure.

Alonso celebrates his 41st in Budapest, not a bad place to spend it.  the man is ageless, still at the apex of elite racers

• The topic was unpinned

Archived