Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Women's Euro 2017

Hosted in the Netherlands, kicks off 16th July.

Group A - Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Belgium

Group B - Germany, Sweden, Italy, Russia,

Group C - France, Iceland, Austria, Switzerland

Group D - England, Scotland, Spain, Portugal

Will anyone be tuning in?

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Hosted in the Netherlands, kicks off 16th July.

Group A - Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Belgium

Group B - Germany, Sweden, Italy, Russia,

Group C - France, Iceland, Austria, Switzerland

Group D - England, Scotland, Spain, Portugal

Will anyone be tuning in?

depends what time matches are, what TV channels are airing it. I don't even know what matches might be mildly entertaining xD 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

depends what time matches are, what TV channels are airing it. I don't even know what matches might be mildly entertaining xD 

If you don't watch it you're sexist.

That's the problem though.  How is women's football supposed to get bigger when it's not on free to view tv?

Anyway hopefully england can have a good tournement. They should win their group quite easily. Ironically they could face Iceland in the quarter final I think. 

Germany's ready! Leonie Maier :21_kissing_closed_eyes:

On 7/4/2017 at 11:23 AM, Gunnersauraus said:

That's the problem though.  How is women's football supposed to get bigger when it's not on free to view tv?

Anyway hopefully england can have a good tournement. They should win their group quite easily. Ironically they could face Iceland in the quarter final I think. 

Fear not. Just seen an ad, England games will be on Channel 4. 

On 04/07/2017 at 9:45 PM, Tsubasa said:

Germany's ready! Leonie Maier :21_kissing_closed_eyes:

Pick that out.  Germany's record in the Euro's is ridiculous. They should be made to play their reserves to give everybody else a chance

44 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Women's football is all gash.

Well there isn't the money in it that there is in the mens. Mens football will always be faster but in terms of tecknical skill if all things were even im sure women could match the men. 

England should win tonight. Expect a few fouls. Don't think Michel Owen knows anything about the 2 teams

18 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Don't think Michel Owen knows anything about the 2 teams

No change there :ph34r:

He forgot to put socks on as well. Looks like he left the hotel in a hurry.

I remember when England reached the euro final and martin keown did some commentary. He did his research and knew the players. Owen is clueless

Holland beat Denmark 1.0. Was a good game and a good advertisement for the womens game. Holland dominated the 1st half but Denmark were better in the second and missed a lot of chances. If England were to play Holland in the semis I would fancy our chances but there would be a big Dutch crowd. 

34 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Watched Portugal and Scotland earlier (finished 2-1) and the quality was gash.

Why watch it then? 

11 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Why watch it then? 

In the hope it wouldn't be gash.

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Watched Portugal and Scotland earlier (finished 2-1) and the quality was gash.

Surely there was some good gash?

It's ridiculous to compare womens and men's football. It's not a level ground the inferstructure in mens is so far ahead. It's like comparing a state school to a private. It's come a long way in the last 15 years and will continue to get better. 

6 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It's ridiculous to compare womens and men's football. It's not a level ground the inferstructure in mens is so far ahead. It's like comparing a state school to a private. It's come a long way in the last 15 years and will continue to get better. 

I don't think anyone here was comparing off the back of that game. No disputing the game has improved but some players still can't seem to kick the ball properly. Comparisons in general though are inescapable when the women's game is trying to garner publicity from footballing outlets used to promoting the male equivalent. 

I just don't think it's right to be saying it's gash. Anyway a game can still be good even if the quality is not as good. I've seen loads of conference games better than champions league games.

6 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I just don't think it's right to be saying it's gash. Anyway a game can still be good even if the quality is not as good. I've seen loads of conference games better than champions league games.

To be fair, regardless of gender, if a football match is gash, it's fair enough to call it out as gash. QPR are regularly gash and I still end up at Loftus Road each season questioning my existence.