talkfootball365

Women's Euro 2017

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Hosted in the Netherlands, kicks off 16th July.

Group A - Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Belgium

Group B - Germany, Sweden, Italy, Russia,

Group C - France, Iceland, Austria, Switzerland

Group D - England, Scotland, Spain, Portugal

Will anyone be tuning in?

depends what time matches are, what TV channels are airing it. I don't even know what matches might be mildly entertaining xD 

That's the problem though.  How is women's football supposed to get bigger when it's not on free to view tv?

Anyway hopefully england can have a good tournement. They should win their group quite easily. Ironically they could face Iceland in the quarter final I think. 

Edited by Gunnersauraus

On 7/4/2017 at 11:23 AM, Gunnersauraus said:

That's the problem though.  How is women's football supposed to get bigger when it's not on free to view tv?

Anyway hopefully england can have a good tournement. They should win their group quite easily. Ironically they could face Iceland in the quarter final I think. 

Fear not. Just seen an ad, England games will be on Channel 4. 

• The topic was pinned

Holland beat Denmark 1.0. Was a good game and a good advertisement for the womens game. Holland dominated the 1st half but Denmark were better in the second and missed a lot of chances. If England were to play Holland in the semis I would fancy our chances but there would be a big Dutch crowd. 

6 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It's ridiculous to compare womens and men's football. It's not a level ground the inferstructure in mens is so far ahead. It's like comparing a state school to a private. It's come a long way in the last 15 years and will continue to get better. 

I don't think anyone here was comparing off the back of that game. No disputing the game has improved but some players still can't seem to kick the ball properly. Comparisons in general though are inescapable when the women's game is trying to garner publicity from footballing outlets used to promoting the male equivalent. 

6 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I just don't think it's right to be saying it's gash. Anyway a game can still be good even if the quality is not as good. I've seen loads of conference games better than champions league games.

To be fair, regardless of gender, if a football match is gash, it's fair enough to call it out as gash. QPR are regularly gash and I still end up at Loftus Road each season questioning my existence.

• The topic was unpinned