The better place to talk football.

Wesley Fofana Signs for Chelsea

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Personal terms agreed allegedly. 

Which was the case quite a few weeks ago, no?

All sounds like much ado about nothing and not much has progressed.

On 13/08/2022 at 11:34, Stan said:

Which was the case quite a few weeks ago, no?

All sounds like much ado about nothing and not much has progressed.

Confirmed now by Romano. 

Wesley Fofana has agreed personal terms with Chelsea, so the contract would be ready in case the two clubs find an agreement. 🚨🔵 #CFC

Chelsea are preparing a new bid as they want Fofana as priority target. Leicester insist on their position. Tough one, but still open. pic.twitter.com/DmtCm47M31

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 16, 2022

• Subscriber

What a shitshow it is. So we're now going to end up selling him probably with about 3/4 days of the window left and end up scrambling for a replacement.

I knew he wouldn't be here long but I thought we'd hold him a bit longer than this given the injury.

We have got to have a good centre back and right winger lined up with the proceeds. Total negligence if we don't.

6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

We are breaking the bank again aren't we?

We have to. Bayern won't sell us Pavard and Skriniar is 60m +

3 of our backline are in their 30s and 1 of them is pushing 40. Marina let us in a shitty situation with regards to Rudiger and Christensen. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We have to. Bayern won't sell us Pavard and Skriniar is 60m +

3 of our backline are in their 30s and 1 of them is pushing 40. Marina let us in a shitty situation with regards to Rudiger and Christensen. 

Hardly her fault, Rudiger wanted to leave and Christensen is a soft vagina. However we shouldn't have allowed two starters with no replacements. Still didn't have much of a say as both wanted out.

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

Hardly her fault, Rudiger wanted to leave and Christensen is a soft vagina. However we shouldn't have allowed two starters with no replacements. Still didn't have much of a say as both wanted out.

Marina was low balling Rudiger since August until Rudiger was fed up. Christensen had his head turned when he got a new agent but again, this wouldn't of happened if he wasn't being offer a salary lower than CHOs given his impact in the team. 

• Subscriber

I think he'll go to you for about the same fee we got for Maguire.

Extremely interesting two weeks incoming for us - a big test for me of if lessons have been learned or not.

• Subscriber

I'd take him at this point. Reservations about him as he's not quite lived up to expectations but our wide options are appalling, probably the worst in the league when Barnes is injured. Don't want us tied down to paying him anything like what Chelsea are but beggars can't be choosers.

It's also hit me how worrying our centre half situation is without Fofana. Evans is 34 and slowing down a bit anyway, as well as being injury prone. Soyuncu he won't play. Amartey is crap and Vestergaard is even worse. We need two centre halves.

16 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'd take him at this point. Reservations about him as he's not quite lived up to expectations but our wide options are appalling, probably the worst in the league when Barnes is injured. Don't want us tied down to paying him anything like what Chelsea are but beggars can't be choosers.

It's also hit me how worrying our centre half situation is without Fofana. Evans is 34 and slowing down a bit anyway, as well as being injury prone. Soyuncu he won't play. Amartey is crap and Vestergaard is even worse. We need two centre halves.

What's happened to Soyuncu?

I remember you and Stan saying how great he was not that long ago.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

What's happened to Soyuncu?

I remember you and Stan saying how great he was not that long ago.

I wish I knew. I think in time it's looking like his run of form in 2019/20 was the exception rather than the rule, but even so it's not like we were talking a 5/6 game period, he made Premier League team of the season.

I just think constant chopping and changing above all. He's still easily third behind Fofana and Evans for me. He's always been a bit rash but there's a talent there as well which we've lost any idea in getting the best out of. If people want to praise Rodgers for his supposed development then he should be criticised for this situation.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

I can see CHO being offered + cash. 

You lot need another winger and I think common ground can be found with personal terms. Think the player would be open for the move as well. 

We probably can't even afford to cover half of CHO's wages though surely? 

Can we have Ziyech instead? 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Cheaper option so buy him? 

Think Tuchel wants more pacey & mobile defenders. There are claims we are defensive under Tuchel, but our outside CB's essentially act as midfielders in both the attacking and defensive phase.

• Administrator

Agree with @Dan. Can just imagine Chelsea will eventually stump up the money and will leave us short of time to get a replacement. So we'll have the money, but not enough time to buy anyone. Unless we have targets lined up ready to go, but it's risky. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Agree with @Dan. Can just imagine Chelsea will eventually stump up the money and will leave us short of time to get a replacement. So we'll have the money, but not enough time to buy anyone. Unless we have targets lined up ready to go, but it's risky. 

I think you lot are expecting us to match the price. Wouldn't be at all surprised if you get that bloke from Monaco immediately after. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I think you lot are expecting us to match the price. Wouldn't be at all surprised if you get that bloke from Monaco immediately after. 

Who? 

Of course we expect you to match the price. Otherwise its pointless. 

Just now, Stan said:

Who? 

Of course we expect you to match the price. Otherwise its pointless. 

Hence why I don't believe Leicester aren't already lining up a replacement. 

Benoît Badiashile seems a like for like profile. 

• Subscriber

I assume he means Badiashile if he's talking a centre half. He's left footed and of a similar profile, albeit I doubt as good.

There's no ideal scenario here for us. The one thing that did intrigue me about Fofana, from somebody fairly in the know, is that he's apparently quite injury prone and that's something that was flagged up before the leg break. So I wonder if there's a greater possibility than we all think that he never quite hits the expected heights. That backs up the case for cashing in.

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

Hence why I don't believe Leicester aren't already lining up a replacement. 

Benoît Badiashile seems a like for like profile. 

I think we wanted a centre half regardless. With the options I just listed we should be going for two I think. Maybe a more established one and then a younger prospect.

If we sold Fofana and then Evans got injured I think we'd be relegation candidates. This is also not forgetting Soyuncu he's trying to freeze out too.

• The title was changed to Wesley Fofana Signs for Chelsea

Archived