• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Belgian Grand Prix - 26-28th August

football forums

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nudge said:

It's the same everytime when a single driver dominates, isn't it though? Those who like the dominating driver sing their praises, those who don't sulk that it's just the car and complain how boring it is. That's one of the reasons why I hate the F1 fanbase with passion.

I think this season more than anything has shown it's a combination of driver, car and team. Perhaps other drivers could've become WDC instead of Lewis during his dominant era if they had driven that car instead, but none bar the likes of Alonso could've done so with the same dominance. It would've been an even more difficult story if you had swapped Mercedes's pit wall for, say, Ferrari's. The age-old mantra of F1 being a team sport rings true.

Also, how good was Albon's race? I'm pretty sure he had someone behind him within DRS range for the entirety of the second half of the race, but he didn't budge and managed to get enough of an advantage in the high-speed sections to drive that point home.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Panflute said:

I think this season more than anything has shown it's a combination of driver, car and team. Perhaps other drivers could've become WDC instead of Lewis during his dominant era if they had driven that car instead, but none bar the likes of Alonso could've done so with the same dominance. It would've been an even more difficult story if you had swapped Mercedes's pit wall for, say, Ferrari's. The age-old mantra of F1 being a team sport rings true.

Tbh I think if you had swapped Mercedes' pit wall for Ferrari's, they wouldn't have won a single title xD

But yeah, it's always been the driver + car + team combination, yet many people tend to conveniently forget that when they are too emotionally invested in a driver. Which is probably ok when you're 10, but looks at least a tiny bit weird and cringy when you're a grown up, imo xD

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

Tbh I think if you had swapped Mercedes' pit wall for Ferrari's, they wouldn't have won a single title xD

But yeah, it's always been the driver + car + team combination, yet many people tend to conveniently forget that when they are too emotionally invested in a driver. Which is probably ok when you're 10, but looks at least a tiny bit weird and cringy when you're a grown up, imo xD

If I'm honest I take a sick kind of enjoyment out of reading the PlanetF1 comment section where all the fanboys are having a go at each other. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Panflute said:

If I'm honest I take a sick kind of enjoyment out of reading the PlanetF1 comment section where all the fanboys are having a go at each other. :ph34r:

We all have our guilty pleasures, I suppose... xD

• Subscriber

Dominance for any driver is boring. I like Hamilton more than I like Verstappen but whichever one of them it is, it's always a shame when there isn't a competitive title fight. It's also good to see variety in title fights. Even if the next two years were great battles it would suck if Max ended up with four in a row. You'd rather see another team innovate and get to the top every couple of years and fight for the title but the last few eras of F1 have pretty much seen the teams who start the strongest dominate throughout.

The first few years I got into F1 were a bit of a golden age for different faces winning races and titles, with some good championship battles. 2007 and 2008 went down to the last race between Ferrari and McLaren, then you had Brawn in 2009 and a genuine five way title fight in 2010 between Vettel, Webber, Alonso, Hamilton and Button. 2011 onwards in the sport has largely been a story of someone or other dominating with 2021 the main exception.

1 hour ago, Panflute said:

Also, how good was Albon's race? I'm pretty sure he had someone behind him within DRS range for the entirety of the second half of the race, but he didn't budge and managed to get enough of an advantage in the high-speed sections to drive that point home.

Yup, he did a fantastic job! Very happy for him and Williams. 

Also Esteban Ocon, going from 16th to 7th with some pretty gutsy and spectacular moves. 

Lewis Hamilton at it again,  playing the victim.   Alonso was angry as expected,  hamilton's error could have cost him a good result again so he vented in the heat of the moment.   Hamilton then goes and insinuates that its racism.    Im so over Lewis Hamilton. 

Looks like Lewis wanted to go down the statesman route and apologize to Fernando. And then he got completely triggered by Fernando's team radio. xD

What did Lewis actually say though? And where did racism come into play? 🤔

Just heard the radio before Leclerc's final pitstop, that lead to losing his position to Alonso first, and then again later when he got the penalty. 

Leclerc: I will not risk it this time. But if you really want to try.... but I will not risk it.

Engineer: Ok, box confirm. 

xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived