Bundesliga 2022/23 - [3. Spieltag] - 19-21st August 2022

football forum

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I can't believe it, what a match xD

Surreal.

What are the odds on Oliver "the Scottish Bale" Burke getting a recall and potentially even starting for Scotland in their next match? I have to admit I've always liked him, as the man is very powerful and can be extremely influential on his day. But this was an amazing win for Werder, one that will be remembered for years to come.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

They must have been shit... they took 77 minutes to get their two goals and you knocked them into touch with 3 in what?? two minutes.. xD

They were shit. We had more goal attempts, more corners, more possession, and definitely a much better mentality. That's why it was so frustrating to see us going two goals down. But still, to score three goals within 6 minutes and win the game, it's just crazy xD

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Michael said:

What are the odds on Oliver "the Scottish Bale" Burke getting a recall and potentially even starting for Scotland in their next match? I have to admit I've always liked him, as the man is very powerful and can be extremely influential on his day. But this was an amazing win for Werder, one that will be remembered for years to come.

It's interesting as Burke being a super sub was our main plan for him; even he himself said it shortly after we signed him. And it seems to be working perfectly :D

1 minute ago, nudge said:

It's interesting as Burke being a super sub was our main plan for him; even he himself said it shortly after we signed him. And it seems to be working perfectly :D

Yes, tiring defenders right at the end of the match, can't seem to deal with his power and bursts of pace. I really hope we see more of this from him, he's a joy to watch when he is on his game.

I was out in the city (I saw Gladbach's Joe Scally btw!), and checked the scores. It was 2:0 Dortmund and I thought it's all over. Then I forgot about it for a while and checked the results 10 minutes after the final whistles. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that Werder won. Absolutely amazing. 

22 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I was out in the city (I saw Gladbach's Joe Scally btw!), and checked the scores. It was 2:0 Dortmund and I thought it's all over. Then I forgot about it for a while and checked the results 10 minutes after the final whistles. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that Werder won. Absolutely amazing. 

Oliver Burke and Lee Buchanan, Werder haven't done bad getting these two players on free transfers, have they? Excellent purchases by Werder I think.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Oliver Burke and Lee Buchanan, Werder haven't done bad getting these two players on free transfers, have they? Excellent purchases by Werder I think.

And Amos Pieper. The best free signing for me so far.

Just now, nudge said:

And Amos Pieper. The best free signing for me so far.

He provided the cross for Schmidt's goal today, didn't he? Yeah, I liked Pieper when he was at Bielefeld. Well it just goes to show how impressive Werder have been, being able to bring in 3 competent players of their calibre on free transfers. I doubt any of them are on very high wages either. Superb business by the admin at Werder.

Union Berlin scored that goal on the counter attack and there was some great movement and passing in the build-up play to set-up that goal. But really RB Leipzig's back-up keeper Blaswich, should have done much better to save Siebatcheu's effort. In any case, Union hold the lead.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived