talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alexander Isak - Newcastle Sign Sociedad Striker

11 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Great player to watch on the ball and if partnered with a legit goalscorer it could be agreat partnership.

The price tag would make sense more around the £30m mark but price tags don't seem to matter anymore and I doubt Newcastle's owners care.

I was thinking him and Wilson could be scary.   Wilson has 4 goals in his last 6 games his two strikes this season are finishes of a genuine goalscorer.

ASM can play a switching flank winger like the ol Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo style.

one thing is certain if trippier plays a lot and ASM plays like he did against City more often then we are going to be dangerous.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Are you pleased the way Newcastle are going about their business mate??? I mean not just splashing the cash because they can?? They seem to have opted for a slow build rather than an all out assault on the market bringing in players all over the place like some clubs I could mention... 

Also not going for the big names but rather the players that will benefit you over the next few seasons.. You seem to have a decent mentality going on with the players on the pitch which seems to be working well at the moment.. 

I believe there is a genuine plan, our promising start has maybe emboldened the decision to actually make a go of it.

as below trippier is key, he is utter class on and off the field and ASM in that mood we are dangerous.  Joelinton was largely ignored on Saturday but 7 forced turnovers, 4 carries, that guy was hated a year ago now he is a beast

39 minutes ago, 6666 said:

If all those highlight are just from three games then he's done well. Three of the greatest games ever played by any player.

You have to ask,  if Pepe was so good then why are Arsenal trying to sell him,  and why did they try sign Isak in January?

4 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

You have to ask,  if Pepe was so good then why are Arsenal trying to sell him,  and why did they try sign Isak in January?

I'm not sure if I said Pepe was so good... I'm just making the comparison between the way they play (except Pepe looking better).

And we tried to sign him because he's a talented player and we needed a striker and no one else was available. Might've been a hit, just like he might be a hit for Newcastle. Thankfully we were priced out though, wouldn't have Jesus on our side otherwise.

Don't know what the beef is here...

6 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Are you pleased the way Newcastle are going about their business mate??? I mean not just splashing the cash because they can?? They seem to have opted for a slow build rather than an all out assault on the market bringing in players all over the place like some clubs I could mention... 

Also not going for the big names but rather the players that will benefit you over the next few seasons.. You seem to have a decent mentality going on with the players on the pitch which seems to be working well at the moment.. 

Too early to say. I'm happy to let them get on with whatever strategy they want because 12 months ago we couldn't afford the loan fee for Hamza Choudhury.

5 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I'm not sure if I said Pepe was so good... I'm just making the comparison between the way they play (except Pepe looking better).

And we tried to sign him because he's a talented player and we needed a striker and no one else was available. Might've been a hit, just like he might be a hit for Newcastle. Thankfully we were priced out though, wouldn't have Jesus on our side otherwise.

Don't know what the beef is here...

He fits the profile of attack we are trying to build,  one that is mobile and quick.   We struggle when Wood is in the team to get that same attacking impetus.    At 22 it may be a risk but their is high reward in it to,  he could be a player to build around for the long term. 

Just now, Honey Honey said:

Too early to say. I'm happy to let them get on with whatever strategy they want because 12 months ago we couldn't afford the loan fee for Hamza Choudhury.

its surreal to think a year ago the mood was negative or macabre.    I think the board may feel that they want to accelerate plans and now making moves to improve our attacking impetus. 

23 minutes ago, Spike said:

Mikel Oyarzabel is the player teams should be clamouring over but I get the feeling he is the type that only wants to play for Real Sociedad barring catastrophe. 

Have you thought that the reason nobody is moving for Oyarzabel is because he is priced out of everyone's affordability?   Transfermarket rates him at 60m and they are generous,  he is like declan rice,  unaffordable.. 

9 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Have you thought that the reason nobody is moving for Oyarzabel is because he is priced out of everyone's affordability?   Transfermarket rates him at 60m and they are generous,  he is like declan rice,  unaffordable.. 

His release clause is €80,000,000. Teams that can afford that follows

1. Man City
  2. Man United
  3. Chelsea
  4. Liverpool
  5. Arsenal
  6. Tottenham
  7. Newcastle United
  8. Juventus
  9. Inter Milan
  10. Bayern Munich
  11. Paris SG
  12. Real Madrid
  13. Atletico Madrid
  14. Barcelona (lol)

Many other teams CAN afford that, but they will not pay that. You severely under estimate how rich European teams are, particularly in England. Leicester and West Ham could afford it but they would never stretch their budget like that. 

Have you thought the reason that nobody is moving for Oyarzabel is that regional Spanish teams have a high retention rate for their academy players? Not every league is 75% foreign like the English league, some leagues actually use and retain the players they train.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

His release clause is €80,000,000. Teams that can afford that follows

1. Man City
  2. Man United
  3. Chelsea
  4. Liverpool
  5. Arsenal
  6. Tottenham
  7. Newcastle United
  8. Juventus
  9. Inter Milan
  10. Bayern Munich
  11. Paris SG
  12. Real Madrid
  13. Atletico Madrid
  14. Barcelona (lol)

Many other teams CAN afford that, but they will not pay that. You severely under estimate how rich European teams are, particularly in England. Leicester and West Ham could afford it but they would never stretch their budget like that. 

Have you thought the reason that nobody is moving for Oyarzabel is that regional Spanish teams have a high retention rate for their academy players? Not every league is 75% foreign like the English league, some leagues actually use and retain the players they train.

Last I checked Arsenal really wanted Isak,  clearly the demand for Isak is pretty high. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Last I checked Arsenal really wanted Isak,  clearly the demand for Isak is pretty high. 

When though? They got Jesus for cheaper which is a far better deal.

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

They wanted him in January,  badly but Sociedad wanted 60m

The 'demand' is so high you could only name one club in for him 7 months ago...

31 minutes ago, Stan said:

The 'demand' is so high you could only name one club in for him 7 months ago...

googled interest in aleksander isak and the following teams names came up;

Arsenal

newcastle

Real madrid

Barcelona

Milan

Liverpool

Chelsea

Man United

Archived