• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alexander Isak - Newcastle Sign Sociedad Striker

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
27 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

The fact that nobody has tried to sign him,  if his demand was so high then surely an elite club would pay a 80m buyout. 

But you're the one that said 'clearly the demand was high'.

It wasn't.

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Last I checked Arsenal really wanted Isak,  clearly the demand for Isak is pretty high. 

We wanted him but didn't think he was worth the money Real Sociedad wanted. And then the demand stopped once everyone knew the price.

That's not to say he won't be a good player for Newcastle though. He's a good player on his day and has potential to be a great player and he improves Newcastle which is all you should really care about.

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

The fact that nobody has tried to sign him,  if his demand was so high then surely an elite club would pay a 80m buyout. 

Nobody said Oyarzabel’s demand was high. You’re reading things that were never posted. 

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Nobody said Oyarzabel’s demand was high. You’re reading things that were never posted. 

like arsenal and others we pursued Isak all summer because we see the potential and upside of signing players under 24.   any transfer is a risk but then nobody will sign anybody.

isak fits the model we need as a forward who comes deep to interlink midfield and attack.  there is normally a big hole between our midfield and forward as Wilson and wood are pure advanced forwards.   Isak is more a DLF or F9 type.

10 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

I don't think we've ever signed someone with so many criticisms being mentioned of the player. Suppose it comes with the price. 

lots of people are upset that we are no longer "come get three points United".  

we are around mid table on teams expenditure this summer but we are never right, it is bad this, bad for football, they can't spend they must only get one player a season and then there is Simon Jordan.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

lots of people are upset that we are no longer "come get three points United".  

we are around mid table on teams expenditure this summer but we are never right, it is bad this, bad for football, they can't spend they must only get one player a season and then there is Simon Jordan.

I think it's more to do with where the money comes from and your new owners. If you can't see why that's bad for football, and just because it's favourable for your own team, then I think you have some issues. 

36 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think it's more to do with where the money comes from and your new owners. If you can't see why that's bad for football, and just because it's favourable for your own team, then I think you have some issues. 

it comes from a sovereign fund, that's old news, the same sovereign fund that owns majority shares in BP, Shell, Boeing, Bank of America, and another 150 odd corporate groups.   

they really understand how to spread wealth across multiple equities to make a crap load of money for what is really a pocket money fund to very rich people.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

it comes from a sovereign fund, that's old news, the same sovereign fund that owns majority shares in BP, Shell, Boeing, Bank of America, and another 150 odd corporate groups.   

they really understand how to spread wealth across multiple equities to make a crap load of money for what is really a pocket money fund to very rich people.

Ah, it's old news so it doesn't matter any more?

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Ah, it's old news so it doesn't matter any more?

The only people that are constantly trying to make a deal about it are those that live vicariously through others, but have teams with sponsorships that are from rich russians with direct ties to the Putin regime or deny the fact that Putin and Xi Jinping are directly involved in about 80% of the wealth in European football through funneling money through the corporate channels.    Then their is Man United that took about 600m in sponsorship from Saudi Arabia.   

The big issue is not something that has been that way for a very long time but because it upsets the status quo. 

I don't think the criticisms of Isak have anything to do with Newcastle United or where the money comes from. This noise comes from respected professionals and commentators, not the too many tweets make a twat lot, who I'm sure like a pile on but whose opinions have absolutely no value.

Ultimately we are signing a player with criticisms, which isn't common at that price, meaning we are buying to coach. We are buying for Howe to perfect the lad.

14 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

like arsenal and others we pursued Isak all summer because we see the potential and upside of signing players under 24.   any transfer is a risk but then nobody will sign anybody.

isak fits the model we need as a forward who comes deep to interlink midfield and attack.  there is normally a big hole between our midfield and forward as Wilson and wood are pure advanced forwards.   Isak is more a DLF or F9 type.

xD As if I hadn't made myself clear enough when I said I hate it when people use those asinine little names for positions.

No he isn't. He has terrible passing and mediocre first touch, he is a dribbler and drives toward the goal. Real Sociedad and Spanish fans are calling this a fleecing.

1 hour ago, Honey Honey said:

remember when we held off buying players until late in the window because Mike Ashley was gambling that the value of the €uro would drop soon and we'd save a few quid 

And do you remember how he managed to hold of doing that for 14 straight years and all them windows were going past so often you could have been forgiven for thinking you were standing on a train platform at Clapham Junction... 

• The title was changed to Alexander Isak - Newcastle Sign Sociedad Striker

Archived