talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Motorsports - General Chat

football forum

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, nudge said:

Wrong thread.

Everytime I see something posting in the Motorsports thread, I get excited, and then it turns out to be the same F1 stuff again :(  

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Just watching the re-run of the Indy 500 Qualifiying. American commentators are doing my head in. "WHOAAAAA, WOOOOOOO, WOOOOOOOWAHAAHWAWA". Jesus Christ. 

I switched to a British stream last year as the American one was unsufferable. 

Nürburgring 24H race starts at the same time as F1 quali 🙄 Idiotic scheduling.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Kevin Estre in Grello started from P35, gained eleven positions in the first few laps, then had a contact with another Porsche which damaged his bodywork, got back to the garage for the repairs, and now after 1.5 hour he is leading the race 😍

• Subscriber

Whoa, this must be one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen in a race. A car catches fire, the driver manages to stop and get out, the marshalls then try to extinguish the flames, but the car rolls back on track on it's own, without the driver, and then crashes into the barriers and burns down O.o 

• Wow 2

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Whoa, this must be one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen in a race. A car catches fire, the driver manages to stop and get out, the marshalls then try to extinguish the flames, but the car rolls back on track on it's own, without the driver, and then crashes into the barriers and burns down O.o 

Overdramatic car was like "just let me have this man". 

But yes, bizarre indeed. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

First TT fortnight for three years coming up around here. Got caught out with the first road closure of the season today. I actually live inside the course for the first time ever this year. Not a massive one for the bikes, but I do enjoy the 50% boost in the population for a week and a half and the massive beer tent and stage they open in town. Might still go and watch some of the sessions as the last part of the lap goes straight past the end of my road so it would be kinda daft not to.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Second fatality of the races this year already :(.

It's a great event and a mini festival for us locals but one of those things like the Monaco GP in F1 (for different reasons) that just would never happen if you tried to introduce it today.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Second fatality of the races this year already :(.

It's a great event and a mini festival for us locals but one of those things like the Monaco GP in F1 (for different reasons) that just would never happen if you tried to introduce it today.

To be honest, I'm quite surprised it's still a thing. Have there been any calls from the locals/local government for it to be banned?

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, nudge said:

To be honest, I'm quite surprised it's still a thing. Have there been any calls from the locals/local government for it to be banned?

The local government will never call for it to be removed. The TT fortnight brings so many people to the island. There's 80-90k residents here and the last TT we had 46k visitors. It's simply too big a part of the tourism industry and the economy generally.

There's not much outcry from the public either to be honest. Nobody's making them race so it sort of gets accepted as their own personal risk when there are fatalities. There is irritation over the road closures and stuff but the young ones like me appreciate the boom in social opportunities and the older ones who have families just go on holiday for the fortnight because the kids are off school and it's cheaper than it would be in July/August.

• Upvote 1

Just seen the last lap of Moto GP's Catalan GP. Aleix Espargaró was in 2nd place when he thought the race was over and slowed down. He dropped back down to 6th. 🤦‍♂️ He was aleady waving and giving thumbs up to the crowd because he thought he finished 2nd when there was still a lap to go. 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...