talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Motorsports - General Chat

football forum

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

xD

It`s like something you'd do in a video game, or a scene from one of those corny racing movies. xD The guy was probably like "Holy shit, I can't believe that worked." 

19 hours ago, Tommy said:

It`s like something you'd do in a video game, or a scene from one of those corny racing movies. xD The guy was probably like "Holy shit, I can't believe that worked." 

I don't know if it's true but Ziggo's Nascar reporter said that he practiced this move with his brother in a video game before doing it irl.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Panflute said:

I don't know if it's true but Ziggo's Nascar reporter said that he practiced this move with his brother in a video game before doing it irl.

His last message to his race engineer, probably. 

I'm_Gonna_Do_What's_Called_a_Pro_Gamer_M

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Not quite, but almost.

Speaking after the race, Chastain said the move had been in his mind, having first seen his brother Chad try it while playing the NASCAR 2005 video game.

“I played a lot of NASCAR 2005 on the GameCube with Chad [who is also a racer] growing up,” Chastain told NBC.

“You can get away with it [on the game] and I never knew if it would actually work [in real life]. I did that when I was eight years old.

“It flashed back in my head on the white flag [last lap]. If it wrecks, OK, we don’t make it. It might not work, but I’ll try it.”

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

So, does anyone remember the name Pescarolo?... It is reportedly set to make a comeback to motorsports, with a Hypercar entry in WEC for 2024 season :D Oh man, it looks better and better with every announcement! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Finally! The entry list is revealed, and it looks spectacular. 13 Hypercars, 11 LMP2s, 14 LMGTE AMs. Very strong turnout, considering it's the breakthrough season for the top class, and even more manufacturers (and customers) will be joining next year.

Hypercars:

FmLulQCX0AAQVNJ?format=jpg&name=small

LMP2:

FmLvdc3XgAAWs3c?format=jpg&name=small

LMGTE AM:

FmLxd8MX0AA2uuT?format=jpg&name=small

Full entry list:

0g5c7blp7eba1.png?width=1019&auto=webp&v

Jacques Villeneuve still racing full-time at 51 :D 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, nudge said:

Finally! The entry list is revealed, and it looks spectacular. 13 Hypercars, 11 LMP2s, 14 LMGTE AMs. Very strong turnout, considering it's the breakthrough season for the top class, and even more manufacturers (and customers) will be joining next year.

Hypercars:

FmLulQCX0AAQVNJ?format=jpg&name=small

LMP2:

FmLvdc3XgAAWs3c?format=jpg&name=small

LMGTE AM:

FmLxd8MX0AA2uuT?format=jpg&name=small

Full entry list:

0g5c7blp7eba1.png?width=1019&auto=webp&v

Jacques Villeneuve still racing full-time at 51 :D 

A lot of familiar names on that list! Also quite a few I had to google out of curiosity. xD

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

A lot of familiar names on that list! Also quite a few I had to google out of curiosity. xD

Which ones? xD 

Plenty of drivers still missing from the list. Michael Fassbender is expected to be given the seat in Proton Racing's car #88, thus allowing him to fulfill his dream of competing at Le Mans...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Which ones? xD 

Plenty of drivers still missing from the list. Michael Fassbender is expected to be given the seat in Proton Racing's car #88, thus allowing him to fulfill his dream of competing at Le Mans...

Christian Ried and Michelle Gatting. The name Christian Ried didn't sound familiar at first, but I've definitely seen him before. And Michelle Gatting because I was curious about the only woman (unless I've missed another one) on the grid. Quite an interesting career with lots of different racing series. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Christian Ried and Michelle Gatting. The name Christian Ried didn't sound familiar at first, but I've definitely seen him before. And Michelle Gatting because I was curious about the only woman (unless I've missed another one) on the grid. Quite an interesting career with lots of different racing series. 

Yes you did, that team has an all-female lineup, hence the name "Iron Dames" xD 

• Haha 1