talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Motorsports - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Oh absolutely, that's also part of the appeal of motorsports in general. I mean the risks, not the deaths, of course. The thing is, everyone knows the risk, but almost everyone also underestimates it; and no one ever thinks it will happen to him/her... Still very sad, especially when it's a 14 year old kid...

And yeah, TT is absolutely mad, those guys are crazy!

You should come over and watch some time, we have great beer on this little rock :D.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

You should come over and watch some time, we have great beer on this little rock :D.

I'd really love too! It's one of those big events that I have on my hypothetical bucket-list :D Beer is obviously a big plus as well :D 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Why are the times all over the place in GT pro? Did it  rain?

No rain, but poor track conditions and plenty of disruptions, including a lot of slow zones and full course yellows due to mostly minor accidents... Quali 2 was even red flagged, and only a few cars managed to improve their times on the final quali session. I honestly don't know how Bruni managed that pole lap on the first session, no one was able to get even close to it, the rest of Porsches, Fords, Ferraris, BMWs and Corvettes ran relatively similar lap times, and Aston Martin is just shite and 5 seconds off the pace... Updated BoP for the race sees added weight for Porsche and Ford (10 and 8 kg, respectively), Ferrari stays the same, Corvette and Aston gets lighter (5 and 10 kg).

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

@nudge 

camera for car 68

Cheers! I have WEC abo, so I'm watching the main race stream on my laptop, and two onboard  cameras on my phones (Porsche 92 and Ford 68) :D 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Is Alonso going to win?

Hopefully not. I still expect both Toyotas to break down at some point xD 

5 hours gone, less than two hours till sunset.

First retirement of the race, ByKolles... https://streamable.com/o1090

GTE Pro battle is nothing short of amazing, it looks like they got the BoP spot on this time! Everyone is competitive, bar Aston Martin. 

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

@nudge, why did #68 fall back to 5th position in GTE PRO?

Unlucky safety car timing for them, dropped down to 9th and then fought back to 5th!

Meanwhile, suspension failure car 94 :(

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Has the toyota seppuku started yet?

Not yet, unfortunately ¬¬ At some point car 8 seemed to have some issues with the brakes, but nothing serious...