The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 16 Fixtures - Saturday 12th November, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

all kick-off 15.00 (GMT)

Saturday 12th November, 2022
afc_bournemouth_-2013.png Bournemouth vs Everton everton.PNG

155.png Liverpool vs Southampton 1200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png

1200px-Nottingham_Forest_logo.svg.png Nottm Forest vs Crystal Palace 1200px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo_(2022).svg

1200px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png Tottenham vs Leeds 1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

1200px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png West Ham vs Leicester image.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We've caught them at a good time here I think. They're beginning to turn on Moyes following some pretty bad results and performances / subs etc... while we appear to have gotten by the worst of our season at least. I fancy us here, which is mad because a couple of months back I'd have had this down as absolutely certain defeat.

Maddison to score of course.

• Administrator

Can't really call our game to be honest. We've picked up form, but our recent record against West Ham has been quite poor.

They're not in the best of form, but they do still have attacking threats - Bowen, Antonio, Scamacca, Fornals, Lanzini etc.

I suspect there'll be goals in this even with our improved defence. Justin being out, and for the season, is cruel on us as we'd had a regular back 4 that was starting to click and function well. It makes me wonder if Rodgers will opt for a back 3 to accommodate the loss of Justin, as Thomas may not be trusted for LB, so Castagne may move to LWB and Albrighton in at RWB.

Ward

Amartey - Evans - Faes

Albrighton                                                 Castagne

Ndidi - Tielemans

Maddison

Daka - Vardy 

Leicester at West Ham is a spicey meatball.   Leicester fans have now learnt the value of trusting a experienced and good manager who has guided the club through a rough patch and now they look like a middle of the pack team.   I have always liked how Leicester run their club and are the ultimate underdog story

I also like moyes who may be going through his version of troubled waters.   west ham have been better than the numbers suggest but football is not a should be game.   if west ham lose this moyes may come under serious pressure.

• Administrator

Same formation for us and it's good we can start to have a settled formation/shape. Only Thomas in for Justin.

No Antonio for West Ham. Usually scores against us so glad he's missing.

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Nunez was such a bad signing :ph34r:

don't think he was, I think it's only the fans expectations of ownership that is bad.   the glazers have also forked billions into man United and their only fault is listening to man united fans, getting people in that listen to fans and not proper football people.

• Administrator
Just now, 6666 said:

I wonder if Everton will get rid of Lampard now. A good time for it. The new man will have a bit of time to get his feet under the table before his first game.

Costly to sack him no doubt. But agree it'd be a good time. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Has anyone actually said this? 

I know it's only Social media.. but did you read social medial after he was sent off? 

Even people on here was saying he was a donkey (check the posts from a Newcastle fan) and I said he was going to be a proper player for us. 

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I know it's only Social media.. but did you read social medial after he was sent off? 

Even people on here was saying he was a donkey (check the posts from a Newcastle fan) and I said he was going to be a proper player for us. 

I didn't read all of social media to be fair :ph34r:. But that's probably not the best barometer for football opinion.

Most sane fans would have seen he's quite clearly a decent striker and most sane fans realise some players take longer than others to settle in. Nunez has probably settled in fairly quickly. The red card at the start of the season was just stupidity really, and not really telling of how good he is as a finisher. 9 goals at this stage of the season is a good return so far. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived