talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australians Only Thread

football forum

10 hours ago, Aladdin said:

How many student visas Australia gives  ! lots of folks I know from school have moved there for study , even some of the not so brightest ones.

A lot because tertiary education isn’t seen as education in Australia but something to suck wealth out of young foreigners, it isn’t designed to better young Australians. If it was then the Libs would not have dismantled free tertiary education in style for an American system

Also fuck off we are full, not in the sense that Australia shouldn’t allow immigration but in the sense that Australia should stop artificially inflating the economy by selling assets to overseas interests. Instead of raising min wage, they rather hand out working visas to internationals that shit their pants at the chance to earn min wage in Australia. 

The cost of living has risen 200% to wage growth’s 30%. 

I will never be a home owner in Australia

• Upvote 2

On 25/04/2022 at 10:03, Spike said:

A lot because tertiary education isn’t seen as education in Australia but something to suck wealth out of young foreigners, it isn’t designed to better young Australians. If it was then the Libs would not have dismantled free tertiary education in style for an American system

Also fuck off we are full, not in the sense that Australia shouldn’t allow immigration but in the sense that Australia should stop artificially inflating the economy by selling assets to overseas interests. Instead of raising min wage, they rather hand out working visas to internationals that shit their pants at the chance to earn min wage in Australia. 

The cost of living has risen 200% to wage growth’s 30%. 

I will never be a home owner in Australia

Hard to disagree with any of that. :( 

I am not looking forward to the interest rate rise soon. However, took potential rise into account with what we borrowed. I also acknowledge prices here, although mental, aren’t what it’s like in most places over east. It’s just terrible. 

Work wise, our union has finally reached an agreement in principle with the department over a bunch of conditions, headlined by years of yearly wage rises being essentially non existent and the fact cost of living is continually rising - I know it was asked for something like 3% increase as opposed to the $1000 a year standard across the government sector.  I should be privy to the terms next week and I’m hoping we’ve begun to make a dent in the deficit. 

Edited by Toinho

3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Hard to disagree with any of that. :( 

I am not looking forward to the interest rate rise soon. However, took potential rise into account with what we borrowed. I also acknowledge prices here, although mental, aren’t what it’s like in most places over east. It’s just terrible. 

Work wise, our union has finally reached an agreement in principle with the department over a bunch of conditions, headlined by years of yearly wage rises being essentially non existent and the fact cost of living is continually rising - I know it was asked for something like 3% increase as opposed to the $1000 a year standard across the government sector.  I should be privy to the terms next week and I’m hoping we’ve begun to make a dent in the deficit. 

The only teachers I know of that make any money are the ones that get subsidised by teaching in remote communities because the government used to at least pay nearly in full all living expenses to encourage people to teach in the middle of nowhere. Shame they are usually 21 years old so they actually suck at teaching and take the gig for a year or two for resume experience. 

Then they women always cry when the little Indigenous kid calls them a white dog.

I hate the Libs with a burning hatred because they essentially ruined the housing market in my time overseas fixing it to the point I will probably never afford to live anywhere I want. At least I could maybe get one if those hazardous eyesore estate towers property devs prop up in western Sydney, that have a 15% of falling over and another 20% of catching on fire and killing me and all the Chinese and Lebanese tenants.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Spike said:

The only teachers I know of that make any money are the ones that get subsidised by teaching in remote communities because the government used to at least pay nearly in full all living expenses to encourage people to teach in the middle of nowhere. Shame they are usually 21 years old so they actually suck at teaching and take the gig for a year or two for resume experience. 

Then they women always cry when the little Indigenous kid calls them a white dog.

I hate the Libs with a burning hatred because they essentially ruined the housing market in my time overseas fixing it to the point I will probably never afford to live anywhere I want. At least I could maybe get one if those hazardous eyesore estate towers property devs prop up in western Sydney, that have a 15% of falling over and another 20% of catching on fire and killing me and all the Chinese and Lebanese tenants.

A lot of the benefits here no longer exist. If you are remote there is usually heavily discounted accommodation and a bonus $7-15k a year depending on where (I believe) with 3 years service giving you like an early mini long service leave. I went country initially and no benefits except “discounted housing”. Hardly a discount. 

You can make decent money teaching, not enough to be rich, but you are putting in an insane amount of hours and soul into something. 

Property in regional areas seem affordable but then again, that isn’t for everyone! 

3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

A lot of the benefits here no longer exist. If you are remote there is usually heavily discounted accommodation and a bonus $7-15k a year depending on where (I believe) with 3 years service giving you like an early mini long service leave. I went country initially and no benefits except “discounted housing”. Hardly a discount. 

You can make decent money teaching, not enough to be rich, but you are putting in an insane amount of hours and soul into something. 

Property in regional areas seem affordable but then again, that isn’t for everyone! 

Yeah a decade of a Howard government and a further decade of Libs will erode worker’s benefits and unions. So many people of the generations above ours look back so fondly on Howard, calling him the best PM ever and it is so strange to me because he was constantly criticised during the whole of it. I think people’s opinion is formed on the fact he was there forever, it is worse now, so he mist have been a great PM.

And he privatised Telstra and let the mining companies have free reign

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Yeah a decade of a Howard government and a further decade of Libs will erode worker’s benefits and unions. So many people of the generations above ours look back so fondly on Howard, calling him the best PM ever and it is so strange to me because he was constantly criticised during the whole of it. I think people’s opinion is formed on the fact he was there forever, it is worse now, so he mist have been a great PM.

And he privatised Telstra and let the mining companies have free reign

Hear the same stuff. Utterly baffling!

18 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Hear the same stuff. Utterly baffling!

In my electorate the hilarious mental gymnastics are ‘OI WUT HAVE LABOURRR DONE FOR US ?’ They have never voted Labor in about 100 years :dam:

@Devil-Dick Willie I actually do have a crisis I want some advice on from you two. On the upcoming election, I’d say the most likely party to oust the Lib seat in my electorate is the One Nation Party. I cannot abide by them because you know the Mrs is yellow and Pauline Hanson quite dislikes them yellows, said so herself. I just don’t know how to preference my voting, Labor will not win, the Greens would never win (they are Labor parasites anyway, half of them are ex-Libs), and I’m not sure about any other party that is running in the electorate. 

I guess I could preference Bob Katter, which is just cowboy Lebanese North Queensland Labor.

Edited by Spike

9 hours ago, Spike said:

In my electorate the hilarious mental gymnastics are ‘OI WUT HAVE LABOURRR DONE FOR US ?’ They have never voted Labor in about 100 years :dam:

@Devil-Dick Willie I actually do have a crisis I want some advice on from you two. On the upcoming election, I’d say the most likely party to oust the Lib seat in my electorate is the One Nation Party. I cannot abide by them because you know the Mrs is yellow and Pauline Hanson quite dislikes them yellows, said so herself. I just don’t know how to preference my voting, Labor will not win, the Greens would never win (they are Labor parasites anyway, half of them are ex-Libs), and I’m not sure about any other party that is running in the electorate. 

I guess I could preference Bob Katter, which is just cowboy Lebanese North Queensland Labor.

Go katter 1, Labor 2, any independant who would back labor 3, labor 4, greens 5 and so on, libs last. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Your state has the right idea. Don't vote liberal. 

I am expecting Liberal to do well this time round, somehow. As there's so much hate for the labor state government at the moment (so it seems) and people will just think of the pandemic measures and not what the federal government actually do (or don't do!). Will be interesting to see what happens...

22 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I am expecting Liberal to do well this time round, somehow. As there's so much hate for the labor state government at the moment (so it seems) and people will just think of the pandemic measures and not what the federal government actually do (or don't do!). Will be interesting to see what happens...

It seems wrong. 

Australia has genuinely started to overcome that peak point of media manipulation we've had for 20 years. A a young wave of left leaning voters has surfaced, and they get their news on social media, not Murdochs sky, Costellos 9/fairfax or the liberal run ABC. 

Yes, every paper in the nation will lie, cheat and manipulate a part of the masses into voting liberal, but that number is shrinking. It just feels claustrophobic because it's the minority who hold all the news platforms. So you're saturated with "How dare labor save the entire state from huge covid lockdowns at the cost of some middle aged Karrens not being able to visit their interstate friends"

When in reality, no one cares, the majority are thankful and more and more people are waking up (even if it's just because their kids are explaining liberal corruption to them)

My great hope is we get a FAT national integrity commission, a bunch of libs get dishonored, a bunch go to jail, and labor can get a long run into the future, pressure free, off the back of being able to point at the horrendous current liberal govs mistakes and corruption. 

It's also always easier for labor to be re elected than gain an election for 2 reasons. 

1. the abc. At least with a labor gov, they have some level of national news platform

and

2. It puts them, and their good policy in the spotlight, whereas when the libs sit, they just get the media to ignore or spin all their harmful, and at times basically treasonous policies, and shout down any ideas labor have as being commie or "yeah but they'll tax you more" When the libs actually tax higher. 

Remember kids. 

The libs tripled the debt, in EXCELLENT economic conditions. 
The GDP suffers every time the libs enter parliament. 
A table showing rates of GDP growth under Labor and Coalition governments over the past 50 years.

0.78 Labor vs 0.68 Coalition, and we're sitting under the worst economic managers of all time. 

Howard presided over the mining boom, and we could have done much better had we taxed any of the mining corps properly 

• Like 1

@Toinho @Devil-Dick Willie

Share your local MPS. Mine is this piece of shit https://theyvoteforyou.org.au/people/representatives/maranoa/david_littleproud

A family friend said she will vote for him because "WHEN I WORKED AT THE BANK WITH HIM AS A TELLER HE WAS A NICE GUY AND HAS GIFT OF THE GAB'. She is planning on retiring in the next few years, I'm sure she'd love his Indue Cards limiting access to her pension. She also thinks that the ABC is 'extremely left wing' despite the 7:30 report attacking Albanese for the entire program latter that day. She then referred to Rudd as a power crazy maniac.

My aunt also said that 'Morrison handled the pandemic well' and that melted my brain. It's as if everything Jordies says is true, holy fuck I live in the Auntie Shelly reality.

Edited by Spike

8 hours ago, Spike said:

@Toinho @Devil-Dick Willie

Share your local MPS. Mine is this piece of shit https://theyvoteforyou.org.au/people/representatives/maranoa/david_littleproud

A family friend said she will vote for him because "WHEN I WORKED AT THE BANK WITH HIM AS A TELLER HE WAS A NICE GUY AND HAS GIFT OF THE GAB'. She is planning on retiring in the next few years, I'm sure she'd love his Indue Cards limiting access to her pension. She also thinks that the ABC is 'extremely left wing' despite the 7:30 report attacking Albanese for the entire program latter that day. She then referred to Rudd as a power crazy maniac.

My aunt also said that 'Morrison handled the pandemic well' and that melted my brain. It's as if everything Jordies says is true, holy fuck I live in the Auntie Shelly reality.

My local MP and he has held the seat of Hasluck for ages has come out and said he deserves a payrise. I didn’t mind him until that, although liberal, he is part indigenous (whyyyy the liberal party thoigh wowwww) and got my partners brother NDIS funding. But, yeah he’s probably going to be last or near last on my vote. 

Ken Wyatt minister for indigenous Australians. 

Edited by Toinho

7 minutes ago, Toinho said:

My local MP and he has held the seat of Hasluck for ages has come out and said he deserves a payrise. I didn’t mind him until that, although liberal, he is part indigenous (whyyyy the liberal party thoigh wowwww) and got my partners brother NDIS funding. But, yeah he’s probably going to be last or near last on my vote. 

Ken Wyatt minister for indigenous Australians. 

https://theyvoteforyou.org.au/people/representatives/hasluck/ken_wyatt

Well at least he is against carbon farming, which is a rort and a national scam. He doesn’t really like helping people with his votes though, geez

Edited by Spike

57 minutes ago, Spike said:

https://theyvoteforyou.org.au/people/representatives/hasluck/ken_wyatt

Well at least he is against carbon farming, which is a rort and a national scam. He doesn’t really like helping people with his votes though, geez

I bet that is all new to Toinho. No one ever looks into how their members actually represent them

25 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I bet that is all new to Toinho. No one ever looks into how their members actually represent them

Some of it is, but as I said he’s helped family so know a little. Never said I’d vote for him though haha 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It’s a good point though - tbh probably most of that was new, I initially said some but the more i read it haha some shocking stuff isn’t there?

My knowledge isn’t great when it comes to local MPs but it sure is above the average, which is scary, you’re right people need to know this stuff. Instead they generally seem to see it as well it’s liberal or labor which bloke running the party do I like more? When really it’s obviously a lot more than that. 

Edited by Toinho

Just now, Toinho said:

One Nation scares me a fair bit though. Somehow fell down a rabbit hole reading comments on Pauline Hanson’s page recently. So many racists etc. 

It's actually scary. I know they're about 1% of the population, but add the sky news crazies too, and you've got a good number of fucked in the head apes ready to rumble.