talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 21 Fixtures - 21-22nd January, 2023

football forum

• Administrator

all kick-offs 15.00 (GMT) unless stated

Saturday 21st January, 2023
afc_bournemouth_-2013.png Bournemouth vs Nottm Forest 1200px-Nottingham_Forest_logo.svg.png

image.png Leicester vs Brighton 1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p

1200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png Southampton vs Aston Villa 1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p

1200px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png West Ham vs Everton everton.PNG

Sunday 22nd January, 2023
1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png Man City vs Wolves 1200px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png, 14.00

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I'm fed up of how negative I am going into every one of these but it's impossible to not see anything but a comfortable away win. I think it could get really ugly if we aren't careful.

• Subscriber

Usually even badly run clubs enact managerial changes tactically to give the new manager bounce a chance to result in some points. We can't even manage that. We'll end up sacking Lampard after this and the new manager will have Arsenal and Liverpool to start them off.

• Subscriber

I wonder how many matchday threads I've called Everton a disgrace over the years on this forum and the old one? Once more than I had when I woke up this morning anyway.

Everton FC, an absolute disgrace, top to bottom.

A drone stopped play in the 1st half at Southampton.

A 1st half where Villa did everything but score.

While waiting for Duran & anyone else, suddenly the only attacking option on the bench for Villa is Coutinho. Who is on for Buendia. And I can't predict who takes over on penalties. They could look a bit foolish on Ings, if we become a team that struggles to score now.

• Subscriber

FT 2-0.

Lampard should have gone after Brighton and a new manager could have come in and at least had Southampton and West Ham. Instead we've handed 3 points each to these direct relegation rivals.

The irony is that this owner and board sacking Lampard for poor management is the equivalent of Donald Trump sacking a member of staff for putting on too much fake tan.

Now it'll be over to the same board to pick the next manager. Maybe they'll manage to get it right at the 8th time of asking? If they had any self-awareness they'd steer well fucking clear and let the Director of Football do it. No reason to believe he has an ace up his sleeve or knows what he's doing but at least he has no association with the seven consecutive failed managerial appointments that preceded the next one.

And what sort of field will we have to pick from? It was mentioned last year that several managers had effectively black listed Everton because Moshiri has told managers in the past they've got the job and shook hands on it before appointing someone else. Any other manager could reasonably look at our dysfunctional squad, the perilous league position, the toxic relationship developing between the board and the fans, the financial situation and subsequent restricted room for manoeuvre in the transfer market and just think nah I'm alright.

Saving graces - a few late goals went in that turned other results our way, we're still just a few points from dragging ourselves into the top 17 if we can remember how to win a football match or two, and I don't have to watch Everton play for two weeks.

• Subscriber

Bill can do one the absolute chode. The knowing grimace. You've done this to our club.

Moshiri "it's not my decision". Pardon? Who's decision is it? Do the fans not deserve to know whether the owner, board or director of football are making these decisions?

It's a miracle it's taken us this long to get relegated. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived