talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham 1-1 Chelsea - Saturday 11th February, 2023

football forums

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Why are professional footballers so bad at free kicks? Most can’t even get it over a wall of just massively over hit any delivery into the box.

Same with corners. Annoying when they're massively over hit or don't beat the first man. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Again, don’t blame VAR. Blame the massively incompetent human being that somehow hasn’t used the technology available to millions at home otherwise known as a screen and rewind button.

And that's why the sooner they make it official that refs need to face the music after the game the better... letting them walk off with no explanation is infuriating 

• The title was changed to West Ham 1-1 Chelsea - Saturday 11th February, 2023
4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Again, don’t blame VAR. Blame the massively incompetent human being that somehow hasn’t used the technology available to millions at home otherwise known as a screen and rewind button.

Or maybe the fans don't understand then rules. I've not seen it but a lot of the time fans don't understand the rules properly 

5 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I've just read a report. He was falling to ground and it could be argued both ways. Was never going to be overturned. 

The fact you see it like that makes you perfect for a refereeing job in the Premier League... Any tough decisions to make just wave play on and let VAR take the blame for anything else... 

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

I understand the rules just fine, thanks.

No you don't. You just think you do. If you had to go on var you would last a few matches then get sacked. If a player falls on a ball it's very rare it will be overturned unless it's a clear error. You can't go on what you think is more likely you have to be sure.

1 minute ago, Gunnersaurus said:

No you don't. You just think you do. If you had to go on var you would last a few matches then get sacked. If a player falls on a ball it's very rare it will be overturned unless it's a clear error. You can't go on what you think is more likely you have to be sure.

Totally agree mate, great post.

Sound mate. Don’t really care about your opinion to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

The fact you see it like that makes you perfect for a refereeing job in the Premier League... Any tough decisions to make just wave play on and let VAR take the blame for anything else... 

What a stupid comment. Video assistant referees have to be certain it was the wrong decision. That's not their fault. 

Just now, Gunnersaurus said:

There is a difference between falling and throwing yourself to the ground on purpose to try and prevent a goal scoring opportunity...  

image.png

What a stupid comment. Video assistant referees have to be certain it was the wrong decision. That's not their fault. 

Stupid??? That's exactly what VAR is there for.. If the ref was not sure he could have had it checked and the matter cleared up but instead he waved play on... Why not check it?? 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

There is a difference between falling and throwing yourself to the ground on purpose to try and prevent a goal scoring opportunity...  

image.png

Like I said it has to be clear and obvious. They have to be certain he fell intentionally and didn't loose his balance. There are so many variables people don't consider. 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

It's a factually true post. It's not referees fault people don't understand how var works even though it's explained all the time 

No I know mate, really annoys me. I missed most the game as I was telling everyone in the pub how VAR works. So annoying - people are just ignorant these days.

2 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

It's a factually true post. It's not referees fault people don't understand how var works even though it's explained all the time 

It’s not factually true, though there’s no rule that throwing yourself to ground makes handballs in the box ok

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Stupid??? That's exactly what VAR is there for.. If the ref was not sure he could have had it checked and the matter cleared up but instead he waved play on... Why not check it?? 

Because he only checks it if var tells him to. He can't say he's not sure like in rugby. I think he should be able to myself but those are the rules. Its been explained so many times by referees

Like I said it has to be clear and obvious. They have to be certain he fell intentionally and didn't loose his balance. There are so many variables people don't consider. 

Then use the fucking VAR...

I have had enough of this nonsense already... 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s not factually true, though there’s no rule that throwing yourself to ground makes handballs in the box ok

It's a factually true statement though that video assistant referees have to be certain the on field decision is wrong. I think they should be able to advice the referee that they think it's more than likely its wrong myself but those aren't the rules 

Archived