talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Worst Stadium Area You've Been To

football forum

I can't word my title better than this, but basically what is the biggest shithole you've been to for a game?

From Peru, I've already posted the photo. Located in San Martin de Porres. And I'm going there today :( 

What can I say, theres a metro there but its difficult to get out of, and it makes you feel in downtown Kaboul. Also if there is an earthquake the stadium will fall into the river.

EwXj6sOXAAUsN2A?format=jpg&name=large

In England, Anfield is the worst, but I've only been to Anfield. Just felt very shady with broken windows and tons of shady pubs.

In Mexico, Estado Olimpico de Quintana Roo, which again is the only one I've been to but it didn't feel very safe there.

In Ecuador, Estadio Casablanca. Inside the stadium I've only been to this one, but I've been outside the Atahualpa and the difference in safeness and how nice it looked was vast. The Atahualpa is in a very centric and safe location, the other one not so much.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nudge said:

I've been to a few dodgy places, but none of them were football-related... 

The essence of football is the stadium being located in a shitty district. A lot of my *higher class* friends who don't watch football never get out of their comfort zone. I wish I could do the same sometimes but I am a big football fan and also work in the sport, so as a result I have to get to these districts. 

To be honest, I don't mind it that much because I am not scared and have common sense in these areas. My higher class friends though wouldn't be able to say the same. I on the other hand get along with everyone here regardless of class, so I've adopted myself into these "barrios" xD 

Just now, Spike said:

Turner Field in Atlanta felt kinda like a dumpy area but I didn’t feel unsafe. Seatgeek Stadium in Chicago suburbs is in a kind of a depressing area, very industrial and ugly, but again I didn’t feel unsafe.

I can speak for Canada, but I've been to many stadiums across the country and none of them felt unsafe. Winnipeg's ground felt like a total shithole but not "dangerous". I can't imagine the same applies for the USA though. For example St Louis just got an MLS team, I wonder if they will have it in a good or bad area, given they are ranked in the 50 most dangerous cities in the world along with Baltimore and Detroit.

2 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

I can speak for Canada, but I've been to many stadiums across the country and none of them felt unsafe. Winnipeg's ground felt like a total shithole but not "dangerous". I can't imagine the same applies for the USA though. For example St Louis just got an MLS team, I wonder if they will have it in a good or bad area, given they are ranked in the 50 most dangerous cities in the world along with Baltimore and Detroit.

You are thinking of East St Louis, which is across the river in Illinois.

Just now, Spike said:

You are thinking of East St Louis, which is across the river in Illinois.

I have not been to many USA stadiums to be honest, but I always hear bad things about LA barring Santa Monica, the Bronx (as much as I love the Bronx), south Chicago, Atlanta, etc. USA is clearly a calm country if you live in decent suburbs, but there are some shitty areas that are more dangerous than a lot of third world countries.

Speaking of, crime rates HAVE increased under Trudork's leadership in Canada. Some areas that used to be safe are no longer as safe. When I went to Terrace a few years ago, it was already one of the lesser safe cities in Canada, but now apparently walking at night can be dangerous thanks to hooliganism. I don't think any of this will apply to Canadian stadiums though as most of them aren't located in working class areas. At least not the ones I've been to.

4 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

I have not been to many USA stadiums to be honest, but I always hear bad things about LA barring Santa Monica, the Bronx (as much as I love the Bronx), south Chicago, Atlanta, etc. USA is clearly a calm country if you live in decent suburbs, but there are some shitty areas that are more dangerous than a lot of third world countries.

Chicago is more an arc starting on the near west side spanning towards the south side. It clears up a bit on the south of that and then gets worse again little more south.

Just now, Spike said:

Chicago is more an arc starting on the near west side spanning towards the south side. It clears up a bit on the south of that and then gets worse again little more south.

I lived in Chicago when I was very young, but for about a year only. It's not the city that inspires a ton of safety to me, but also acknowledge there are far worse in the country.

2 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

I lived in Chicago when I was very young, but for about a year only. It's not the city that inspires a ton of safety to me, but also acknowledge there are far worse in the country.

I find it difficult to believe you aren’t from a wealthy background with how much traveling and countries you have lived in. 

Just now, Spike said:

I find it difficult to believe you aren’t from a wealthy background with how much traveling and countries you have lived in. 

I am from a wealthy background, I don't know where you heard I wasn't. Obviously it's not something I freely try to harp on about, but I have no problem admitting it if asked by mates.

Just now, Goku de la Boca said:

I am from a wealthy background, I don't know where you heard I wasn't. Obviously it's not something I freely try to harp on about, but I have no problem admitting it if asked by mates.

The manner in which phrase some things would suggest otherwise.

14 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Speaking of, crime rates HAVE increased under Trudork's leadership in Canada. Some areas that used to be safe are no longer as safe. When I went to Terrace a few years ago, it was already one of the lesser safe cities in Canada, but now apparently walking at night can be dangerous thanks to hooliganism. I don't think any of this will apply to Canadian stadiums though as most of them aren't located in working class areas. At least not the ones I've been to.

Tim Hortons field in Hamilton is in a working class area, but it's a safer area than the downtown where the hockey arena is.

Just now, Redcanuck said:

Tim Hortons field in Hamilton is in a working class area, but it's a safer area than the downtown where the hockey arena is.

Yes, I've been many times. Hamilton can be an ugly city in some places, but I haven't stuck around those areas. Regardless, I have never felt unsafe anywhere in Canada, at least not until recently where places like Yonge and Finche have gotten more dangerous than they already were.

4 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Yes, I've been many times. Hamilton can be an ugly city in some places, but I haven't stuck around those areas. Regardless, I have never felt unsafe anywhere in Canada, at least not until recently where places like Yonge and Finche have gotten more dangerous than they already were.

They get some games there, the Pan Am games a couple of years ago was well attended.  The Women's tournament had some very good football.

Archived