Rangers Discussion

football forum

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With McGregor retiring, about a year too late, it doesn't say much for their confidence in Jon McLaughlin.

Expecting Butland or Robby McCrorie to be their No.1 next season. McCrorie had a decent run of games towards the end of the season, and is coming to the stage of his career where he needs to be playing every week either at Rangers or at another club.

I remember Butland being pretty highly rated as a younger player, especially around the time he moved to Stoke. 9 Caps for England, but only 17 first team appearances in the last three seasons. Looks to be the perfect move for both player and club. A chance to resurrect his career, like Joe Hart has across the city, and a low risk player to bring in for Rangers.

3 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Let's see whose  next, with Ange now gone to Spurs it might be a chance for a catch up time against Celtic, can't wait to see who their next manager is?

They have some key signings to make, trying to replace Kent and Morelos with no money coming in for them. Both didn't have their best season this year, but Morelos still managed to score some crucial goals.

Colak looks to be a good player, but after his great start to last season didn't have quite the impact after his injury. 

Suspect there is still quite a lot of outgoing to come over the summer as well. Whether it's players that have dropped off, like Barisic or Roofe, players who have probably stayed a season too long, like Glen Kamara, or players that simply aren't good enough to compete with Celtic, like Scott Wright.

A concern Rangers fans might have is that they are constantly shopping in the lower leagues of England, where almost everyone is overpriced. With Ross Wilson having left the club, might be time to shift their strategy and look further into Europe (or possibly beyond) and find some hidden talents everywhere.

Feeling good about this season so far. Getting the signings in that we need fairly early although still waiting on a striker which we'll need two of minimum. Roofe has finally had an operation which is apparently the reason he gets injured while sleeping, so hopefully it has worked but I can't see it making a difference tbh.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Morelos still managed to score some crucial goals.

That guy did my head in, good on his day then could turn into a little animal with a click of your fingers but he's gone now.

Looking forward to next season really and it will be interesting who the Hoops get as their next manager and can he continue where Ange left off, I hope not.

On 07/06/2023 at 13:17, Rab said:

Feeling good about this season so far. Getting the signings in that we need fairly early although still waiting on a striker which we'll need two of minimum. Roofe has finally had an operation which is apparently the reason he gets injured while sleeping, so hopefully it has worked but I can't see it making a difference tbh.

Pretty much had forgotten that he existed. Never seemed to be a first choice, but was a very good option to rotate in / come off the bench. Something that they've lacked with him out, and Defoe leaving at the start of 2021/22.

They've been linked with Lawrence Shankland, who would probably fit that role quite well. Would imagine he'd be happy enough with a rotational role at Rangers and is one of the best goalscorers in the league already. 

• 3 months later...

To be fair to lampard he did well at Derby and he did well in his first season at Chelsea. Everton seem to be shit whoever they get in. Same with Chelsea since tuchel left and since the American took over.  He's actually really intelligent lampard. His I.Q is near genius level apparently. I think he has bad people skills though. I also think not every player is as driven and determined as him and he finds that difficult 

Edited by Gunnersaurus