talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ahsoka (2023)

football forum

Just now, Bluewolf said:

I don't want to hear your sad, sad stories about how tough things are... You think that's tough, I once had to push a Sherman tank up a slippy slope in the snow during the war on my own with 6 wounded men on it.. 

You also lived through the plague, so I know you've seen a thing or 2

• Subscriber

Thought the first two episodes were really well done; this has a lot of potential. It is definitely by far more enjoyable if you watched Rebels prior to this, but even then, that's not necessary to enjoy it. Can't wait to finally see Thrawn. 

30 minutes ago, nudge said:

Thought the first two episodes were really well done; this has a lot of potential. It is definitely by far more enjoyable if you watched Rebels prior to this, but even then, that's not necessary to enjoy it. Can't wait to finally see Thrawn. 

I liked the Clone Wars series, but I just could not get into Rebels.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I liked the Clone Wars series, but I just could not get into Rebels.

For me, it was the other way around 😅I watched quite a bit of the Clone Wars, enjoyed some of it, but never really got into it, for whatever reason. Rebels just pulled me in from the very start! Granted, Season 1 was a bit childish, but it got so good afterwards.

On 25/08/2023 at 19:52, nudge said:

I'm wondering if the Inquisitor Marrok is Ezra? :35_thinking: he's not spoken yet and matched Ahsoka for skill, maybe that nightsister is controlling him. i'm basing this on nothing but would be a cool plot twist :4_joy:

• Wow 1

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I'm wondering if the Inquisitor Marrok is Ezra? :35_thinking: he's not spoken yet and matched Ahsoka for skill, maybe that nightsister is controlling him. i'm basing this on nothing but would be a cool plot twist :4_joy:

This makes sense, but I hope it's not true 😅I want something more epic for Ezra.

Utter load of shit that spends most of the time with dour expressionless cast with fuck all interest factor and back to Disney lightsaber that only kill certain people but when used for the protagonists it's merely to give throwback scenes.    

A lightsaber can literally arc weld through a blast door and melt it but in a humanoid body for 10 seconds, just get a calpol and peptobismol and we are good.  Ashoka uses her sabers to cut through ground, but clearly they wanted some suspense.

then you have throwback scenes like a cheap new hope or the Darth maul spying scene on tatooine.

rosaria Dawson's lack of flexibility and athleticism makes he often look awkward.   The rainbow haired forceless wonder and the utterly stupid evil Pomeranian who could have just blown up the ship and killed ashoka and the R Kelly believe I can Jedi were dead and speaking of dead, by canon ashoka was already dead by the time this retcon per minute series takes place.

the most annoying scene has to be the imperial assassin announcing himself instead of just killing her, that would be like the US Navy Seals beat boxing team America fuck yeah when raiding Osama's stronghold.   nothing about Disney makes sense other than what is blatantly obvious.

1.2m views makes it barely able to beat the Nick fury suck fest.

On 02/09/2023 at 11:15, nudge said:

Why do you watch it if you hate it so much?.... xD It's obviously not for you. 

just because something "isn't for me" doesn't exclude it from the rinse and repeat of plot hole issues with modern star wars.   

The fact that Disney still don't get lightsabers is a problem.  Even bigger is pandering to an ultra minority while alienating the masses of star wars fans.

ashoka is just Disney trying everything to revive a dead franchise, which isn't really going to help when you have massive plot holes, substandard face acting no interest in Ashoka or Sabine.

Obi Wan was just about passable a series that bar a Obi Wan /Anakin duel of fate part deux, was going to flop hard as the series made effort to turn one of the greatest jedi's in star wars canon, into a miserable sad sack.

if they were hell bent on a Jedi story, Adi Gallia is a female Jedi master, with a tragic story end, why not give her a story which would have existed prior to episode 1 in a story line.

ashoka is only mildly interesting for her role in clone wars, but ashoka never became a Jedi knight, and she died in two timelines

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

just because something "isn't for me" doesn't exclude it from the rinse and repeat of plot hole issues with modern star wars.   

The fact that Disney still don't get lightsabers is a problem.  Even bigger is pandering to an ultra minority while alienating the masses of star wars fans.

ashoka is just Disney trying everything to revive a dead franchise, which isn't really going to help when you have massive plot holes, substandard face acting no interest in Ashoka or Sabine.

Obi Wan was just about passable a series that bar a Obi Wan /Anakin duel of fate part deux, was going to flop hard as the series made effort to turn one of the greatest jedi's in star wars canon, into a miserable sad sack.

if they were hell bent on a Jedi story, Adi Gallia is a female Jedi master, with a tragic story end, why not give her a story which would have existed prior to episode 1 in a story line.

ashoka is only mildly interesting for her role in clone wars, but ashoka never became a Jedi knight, and she died in two timelines

I'd say it's not supposed to be a Jedi story but rather the continuation of the storyline depicted in Rebels, as it continues where Rebels Season 4 ended, and parts of that were already incorporated into The Mandalorian, so it was clear it was going to lead up to this now. It's basically just Filoni doing his thing; you might as well call it Rebels Season 5. 

I do agree though that Disney/Star Wars franchise have had issues for quite a while now, and that lately it has been gearing towards serving a specific set of hardcore fans instead of casual viewers or attracting new audiences. I guess I just don't understand the outrage. If I don't like something, I don't watch it, simple as.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 5 was amazing!

Seeing Ahsoka in the clone wars, being a literal kid really brought home how terrible it was, and how terrible her time as a Padawan must have been. Not just a kid in a war, but leading troops too. 

I loved how much we saw of Hayden in this. The de-aging was almost perfect! We got to see live action Anakin in clone wars armour! And they really mixed his character from the live action movies and the Clone Wars series really well! And the transition between Anakin and Vader was fantastic!

I hope we get to see more of Anakin!

Oh and Jacen is really force sensitive!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Episode 5 was amazing!

Reveal hidden contents

Seeing Ahsoka in the clone wars, being a literal kid really brought home how terrible it was, and how terrible her time as a Padawan must have been. Not just a kid in a war, but leading troops too. 

I loved how much we saw of Hayden in this. The de-aging was almost perfect! We got to see live action Anakin in clone wars armour! And they really mixed his character from the live action movies and the Clone Wars series really well! And the transition between Anakin and Vader was fantastic!

I hope we get to see more of Anakin!

Oh and Jacen is really force sensitive!

Definitely the best episode so far!

The brief Anakin to Vader transition scene in the World Between Worlds was epic... Loved that. The whole "training" sequence was remarkable. I really like how they handled the whole Anakin & Ahsoka interaction there, the cinematography and the meaning of it was kind of poetic. 

Also it's so good to see Hayden thriving in recent Star Wars shows after that horrible reception when the prequels came out... 

Oh and live action purrgils are pretty damn cool!

• Like 1

the only reason 5 was the best is not because it was good but because of the impromptu overuse of memberberries.

Hayden Christiansen was good like he was very good in the prequels and his training in sword combat has shown 20 years on and he flat out showed up the poor athleticism and strength of Rosario Dawson.   It was a mediocre duel which is pathetic compared to Ewan McGregor and Hayden throwing it down  when you have two skilled actors who trained in swordsmanship for their roles yet 20 years on that Obi Wan vs Vader duel left you feeling Vaders hate and Obi Wan inner turmoil.

Then we got the blatant rip off of Gandalf the white, and yet with zero story arc we now have a paragon character that nobody can even support.   I would go further to say her intentions are darker than Balan Skoll who didn't even want to engage in a fight.  having gone through the knights of the old republic 1 and 2, I feel more affinity to Baylan Skoll who seems so much like Revan it is scary.  A Jedi that is disillusioned by the Jedi inaction and pacifism but not Sith,  seeking to create a new branch of force users in a more militant way, so as to achieve the Jedi ideal of creating peace by dealing with threats before they become crisis.

Star Wars just sucks now and the only hope left is George Lucas buying the IP back like a recent report said.

Dave Filoni is ruin Johnson with a cowboy hat.  

so the space whales go to said planet all the time, why? who knows, they just want you to know its common.  So then why did they chase the magical macguffin when you could just have done your best Jonah and the whale rendition and saves 3 episodes of filler.

why does thrawn look like Elon?

why do bad guys leave bread crumb trails to themselves?

why did thrawn the wise let Sabine go?

why does Baylan and his motives not seem important enough?

What did baylan want to come to peridea? something he could have disclosed earlier to build urgency

people are to willing to placate themselves with mediocre and it leads to Disney not being motivated to do better.   Ashoka has been right up there with Solo as the the worst yet.