talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FM24 to be 'Last of its Kind'

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/future-football-manager?utm_source=social&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=dev_update

Article also mentions:

- Admission that FM23 failed to live up expectations.

- Ability to continue FM23 save in to FM24.

- FM25 to have a new engine named 'Unity' which has been worked on pre-pandemic which will improve user interface and graphics.

- Women's football to be introduced in FM25.

35 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I remember them saying about women's football a while back. Think they said they had to create a new database for it as well.

Yea, I expected it sooner to be honest. I wonder what leagues there will be. Would be fun to manage Fortuna Düsseldorf's women's team,  but they are just starting in the lowest tier next season. 😅

On 28/06/2023 at 18:43, Tommy said:

Yea, I expected it sooner to be honest. I wonder what leagues there will be. Would be fun to manage Fortuna Düsseldorf's women's team,  but they are just starting in the lowest tier next season. 😅

In fairness, considering they needed to create a new database and sort out any legal and licensing issues, I think they've done alright timescale wise (they first mentioned it back in 2021 and will be on FM25, which'll be October or November 2024 most likely, so three and a half years, give or take).

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator
On 28/06/2023 at 20:37, Whiskey said:

I expect FM24 to be a copy/paste of FM23 (which was a copy/paste of 22) if you can port saves over.

Glad that they've accepted that they fucked up a bit this year. It's been an awful game tbh, but excited about 25.

As a parent of a newborn, did you find FM helped xD?

Last FM I played was FM21, so a couple of years behind. Just wondering if it's worth getting back into...