talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaffr 2023/24 - Championship Fantasy League

football forum

52 minutes ago, Stan said:

I already have doubts about my squad xD

Screenshot_20230804-235043.png

I took out Leeds players after seeing one of @Lucas's posts earlier. May bring one or two in mid-Sept. 

I wouldn't fret about that mate. It's very much a wait and see on us although I do think Sinisterra is one who could light up this division, if he stays.

Your team is decent to be far. Without having seen any football to judge it on, you really never know how its gonna go but the beauty with gaffr is all the chips allow you to get back in it.

I think the obvious thing with yours currently is perhaps the lack of Saints which judging on tonight, does a look a slight misjudgement. Can always bring one in next week though.

12 hours ago, Lucas said:

8 the same, with 2 of them on the bench.

I would assume most template teams will have Dieng, Rankin-Costello, Manning, Sinisterra, Ward-Prowse, Dewsbury-Hall and Davis.

I have 2 of those you mentioned above. xD

11 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah will PM you and @JoshBRFC.

@The Palace Fan @Bluebird Hewitt @Dan you also in? If so I'll PM you too. 

I'll pass this time around sorry. :(

14 hours ago, Lucas said:

8 the same, with 2 of them on the bench.

I would assume most template teams will have Dieng, Rankin-Costello, Manning, Sinisterra, Ward-Prowse, Dewsbury-Hall and Davis.

Yeah there's definitely a template forming this season.

Dieng at 4.5m is fair value at QPR but at Boro he's underpriced.

Joe Rankin-Costello seems to be listed as a right back because everywhere isn't a position.

Ryan Manning was good for Russell Martin last year and with Bree/Livramento/KWP remains the solid Southampton pick.

Leif Davis stats at League One transition perfectly for this game.

James Ward-Prowse is far too good for this level and on set pieces.

I think the others are open for debate. Sinisterra and Ayling only came in for me because of injuries up top and Drameh not featuring pre season. KDH is purely a play on pre season form and I could see myself switching to whoever Leicester's main man up top is in September.

• Subscriber

Seen the PM will sort later @Stan if not everyone is in then just do whoever finishes highest out of us that pay, gets the winnings. 

Just had a look at all your teams, I initially thought of Vardy,  but with the other options Leicester have, I wasn’t sure whether he would start every game? But I can see him up there with the top scorers… easily. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Wow I’ve started bad. 

For home advantage…. When it says no captain multipliers for any player or position does that include players that aren’t at home? 

Yes mate. No Captain multipliers full stop because essentially, you could have 11 players all getting multiple points if they are all at home.

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Why was Budget Buster so popular this weekend, compared to others? 

I wanted to use it for 25 but the fixture congestion around that Christmas period is going to cause a lot of rotation.

Plus a lot of the options have been pretty terrible in comparison to Szmodics, Leeds, Leicester and Southampton players. So this was the first week I could use it without theoretically taking a hit. Which I had to do when Philogene got injured.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 13/04/2024 at 19:45, Stan said:

@Lucas you've lost faith in your Leeds players like I have for Leicester ones xD

Yeah, sadly they had to make way for more fixtures for the doubles xD