talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 - 2023 - Belgian Grand Prix - 28th - 30th July

football forum

Max's banter with his engineer makes this whole domination a bit more endurable. 

30 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

We need someone better in that car who will actually challenge. 

Like? I think anyone would find it extremely difficult to beat Max in that car. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anyone would touch Verstappen on current form, his car is much faster than everyone else and Perez is absolutely shite (enjoying him finally being found out for the fraud he is) but I don't think anyone beats Max currently.

Shame that this season has been an absolute borefest though. This dominance is bigger than Mercedes ever had, and more than what I remember from the Schumacher era.

35 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I don't think anyone would touch Verstappen on current form, his car is much faster than everyone else and Perez is absolutely shite (enjoying him finally being found out for the fraud he is) but I don't think anyone beats Max currently.

Shame that this season has been an absolute borefest though. This dominance is bigger than Mercedes ever had, and more than what I remember from the Schumacher era.

At least in one of the Schey seasons Mika gave a bit of a challenge and was it 2003 where he beat Kimi by 2 points? Other cars were winning races at least. But I fully get where you coming from. 

38 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I reckon if Russell was in the other RB seat, they'd be taking each other out with a fair few DNF's.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Max's banter with his engineer makes this whole domination a bit more endurable. 

Listened on the radio and sounded like there was a bit of edge to it, as opposed to banter.

• Subscriber

I think Hamilton, Leclerc, Alonso would give Max a decent run for his money. Especially if you put them all in a new car instead of the Red Bull which has clearly been developed around Max. I also think there's a fair few others like Russell and Norris who would at least do better than Perez. I.E. if they started on the front row and Verstappen started from the midfield it wouldn't be a foregone conclusion for him to come through and win.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Listened on the radio and sounded like there was a bit of edge to it, as opposed to banter.

Christian Horner said they are like an old married couple. xD

But for real though, the respect they have for each other is huge. Max said once that he'd retire if GP retires. 

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I think Hamilton, Leclerc, Alonso would give Max a decent run for his money. Especially if you put them all in a new car instead of the Red Bull which has clearly been developed around Max. I also think there's a fair few others like Russell and Norris who would at least do better than Perez. I.E. if they started on the front row and Verstappen started from the midfield it wouldn't be a foregone conclusion for him to come through and win.

Similar cars Lewis would easily give him a fight. Be fiesty as anything.

3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

And it went to the last lap of the last race.

If I remember correctly Max already lost like at least 50 points due to no fault of his own, one being Lewis shunting him into the barriers in Silverstone. 😬

7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

If I remember correctly Max already lost like at least 50 points due to no fault of his own, one being Lewis shunting him into the barriers in Silverstone. 😬

These things happen in F1.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived