image.png

2nd Legs - Thursday 31st August, 2023
image.png

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

if anyone is interested: Hibs vs Villa is on BBC Scotland. Which is a channel hidden away for me here in the English West Midlands.

Didn't realise it was on BBC Scotland myself until I saw it by other means.

Villa leading 1-0 thanks to a free header from Watkins with minimal marking and no one stopping Digne's cross.

Hoping the Cardiff legend in goals can keep the score down to make this competitive at least. Maybe even the other Cardiff 'legend' scoring for Hibs as well.

Yes, hard not to feel bad for Hibs really. Though they have been booing McGinn. I would think competing for headers would be something they would expect themselves to be more competitive at than that 1st half. 

Does already seem Villa are as good as through to whatever the next stage is. And quite possibly more of a Villa reserve side next week.

Dnipro-1 had two men sent off away to Spartak Trnava, the 1st player was sent off as early as the 9th minute for Dnipro. However, Dnipro-1 still managed to come away with a 1-1 draw in Slovakia. They will be pleased that they managed to hang on and not lose the match.

1 hour ago, Reluctant Striker said:

if anyone is interested: Hibs vs Villa is on BBC Scotland. Which is a channel hidden away for me here in the English West Midlands.

First time I’ve watched a BBC Scotland game and tbh it’s not a bad set up, we really need to just merge leagues and have a British League system, some big clubs in Scotland who just can’t compete with us at all, we were in 1-2 gear really 

54 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

First time I’ve watched a BBC Scotland game and tbh it’s not a bad set up, we really need to just merge leagues and have a British League system, some big clubs in Scotland who just can’t compete with us at all, we were in 1-2 gear really 

I had watched Hibs & Hearts in the earlier qualifying round that was on. Was a much closer match. And, yes, the presenters do seem good. Or maybe a refreshing change from the Lineker-Shearer & guest.

There's certainly a few Scottish clubs would make the top English divisions even more competitive. But I doubt it's part of the plans really.

9 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I had watched Hibs & Hearts in the earlier qualifying round that was on. Was a much closer match. And, yes, the presenters do seem good. Or maybe a refreshing change from the Lineker-Shearer & guest.

There's certainly a few Scottish clubs would make the top English divisions even more competitive. But I doubt it's part of the plans really.

Anglo Scottish league cup would be fun at least 

• The topic was unpinned