talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I think I'm most excited for the new Alfa Romeo. They'll either be a real positive surprise, or it will all backfire in a dramatic way :D

I'm only really excited for Sauber/Alfa Romeo... Apparently that name change doubled Alfa's sponsorship money and brought them to 250 million € overall budget per season so in terms of finances they should be up there with Renault and McLaren... I'm still sad about the name disappearing but I'm so excited for what the new season brings... My favourite current driver in my favourite ever team with enough money to compete for the "best of the rest"; exciting times! :D 

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm only really excited for Sauber/Alfa Romeo... Apparently that name change doubled Alfa's sponsorship money and brought them to 250 million € overall budget per season so in terms of finances they should be up there with Renault and McLaren... I'm still sad about the name disappearing but I'm so excited for what the new season brings... My favourite current driver in my favourite ever team with enough money to compete for the "best of the rest"; exciting times! :D 

Kimi? :o

Well, reading that they're going with some "radical" designs and ideas, I'm a bit worried that they might take too many risks that won't bring the desired results. But we'll see. I'm just happy to have Kimi for two more years :D

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Kimi? :o

Well, reading that they're going with some "radical" designs and ideas, I'm a bit worried that they might take too many risks that won't bring the desired results. But we'll see. I'm just happy to have Kimi for two more years :D

Yes, it was Kimi + Hartley + Max last season and will be Kimi + Max + Alex Albon in the new season... 

I'm eager to see what they came up with... Not sure it's going to be as radical as that speculation claims but it's intriguing nevertheless! :D 

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Both?...

I'm happy to see that you're also still on the old reddit; I can't stand the new interface! :D 

5 or 10 Euros? Both should be enough to get you some property in Cambodia :ph34r:

And yea, the new reddit layout is awful :(

13 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha :D Let's make it 10 Euros as I want some fancy property... xD 

Haha okay :D It's a bet then. Jesus, 50 € on Charles to become WDC, 10 on Gasly to beat Max. I hope I win at least one bet xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Tommy said:

According to media reports, F1 will return to SKY Germany :o 

https://www.motorsport-total.com/formel-1/news/formel-1-2019-wieder-live-bei-sky-19021120

Have you canceled your subscription haha?

Good news I guess. RTL is just horrible and the reviews of F1TV haven't been great so far so having Sky coverage back is good.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Have you canceled your subscription haha?

Good news I guess. RTL is just horrible and the reviews of F1TV haven't been great so far so having Sky coverage back is good.

Well, it's running out in April, and I only have the Bundesliga package at the moment, so I'd gave to get the Sport package back somehow... if I get a good offer :D

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What are your guys bold predictions for 2019? This could be fun :ph34r:

Alfa Romeo/Sauber will be the "best of the rest".

Hülkenberg will outscore Ricciardo.

Verstappen will win WDC. 

Kimi and Lando Norris will get at least one podium.

57 minutes ago, nudge said:

Verstappen will win WDC. 

With a Honda engine? Now that's beyond bold :ph34r:

Okay, all bets aside, here are mine:

- Vettel will comfortably beat Leclerc

- Gasly will either beat Verstappen or be replaced by Kvyat mid-season :ph34r:

- Hülkenberg will finally achieve his first podium. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

With a Honda engine? Now that's beyond bold :ph34r:

Okay, all bets aside, here are mine:

- Vettel will comfortably beat Leclerc

- Gasly will either beat Verstappen or be replaced by Kvyat mid-season :ph34r:

- Hülkenberg will finally achieve his first podium. 

Especially because of Honda engine! I think at the end of last season their PU was already Renault's equal and had less issues with reliability. Considering they'll have two teams this time it should also advance their development. Predicting Max to be WDC is certainly beyond bold haha but I really think Honda engine will be one of the biggest surprises of 2019.