talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Maybe you should wait until his next birthday to present a proberly balanced version in 2020.

You're probably right - I want to do enough research first to ensure it's completely accurate. Who knows what else I might find in the slums of Stevenage

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Storts said:

4 days until Lewis' birthday :x

What are we doing for it @Cannabis @DeadLinesman

It ranks up there with Her Majesty’s birthday and 26th May 1999 as the all time great dates. I was going to get a ‘5 times’ tattoo, but wouldn’t want to be associated with that awful set of louts from the wrong side of the M62. Then I decided on a Lewis ‘dabbing’ tattoo, but the connections to Pogba are still too awful to imagine. Therefore, I’ll be ordering in a Domino’s pizza and watching Sébastien hitting his steering wheel over and over again. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Storts said:

:x

I'll say it before the Germans do.

Lewis posting on social media again? Sake what a cunt. He's so self centered and up his own arse. I know the real him. Jaaaaaaaa das ist guuut.

:ph34r:

Edited by JOSHBRFC

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Think they had to after the season just gone.

Why? They're constantly giving team principals 2-3 years then they get sacked if they don't deliver. Since the dream team broke up at the end of 2006, there haven't been many season where more of the ingredients were in place for them to win a championship, than there were in 2018. Obviously Raikkonen won the driver's title in 2007 when McLaren fell over themselves (and some), but Ferrari were far from a disaster last year. They took a wrong turn in development after the mid season break which along with Vettel's constant mistakes, cost them the championship more than their overplayed 'strategy errors'. 

Its like football clubs. New guy comes in, 2019 is a 'year of transition' for Ferrari, then he'll be expected to deliver the title in 2020 after 12 months' work against a Mercedes team that have been a stable, cohesive unit for the best part of a decade now, and if he doesn't manage it, he gets the boot and the cycle starts all over.

On 03/01/2019 at 17:40, JOSHBRFC said:

I'll say it before the Germans do.

Lewis posting on social media again? Sake what a cunt. He's so self centered and up his own arse. I know the real him. Jaaaaaaaa das ist guuut.

:ph34r:

Bullshit. It's not about if he posts on social media, it's about what he posts. That tribute to Michael was very nice. 

Anyway, shame about the news at Ferrari. I liked Arrivabene, but if there was friction behind the scenes, it's probably for the better. 

271092_w620_h500.jpg?ts=1546859442

I'm looking forward to see what J.J. Abrams brings to the table :ph34r:

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Bullshit. It's not about if he posts on social media, it's about what he posts. That tribute to Michael was very nice. 

Anyway, shame about the news at Ferrari. I liked Arrivabene, but if there was friction behind the scenes, it's probably for the better. 

271092_w620_h500.jpg?ts=1546859442

I'm looking forward to see what J.J. Abrams brings to the table :ph34r:

Never liked Arrivabene myself. Removing him and installing Binotto was apparently part of Marchionne's master plan before he passed away; it will be interesting to see how it works out for Ferrari!

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Maybe Wehrlein has some inside knowledge about Mercedes' car, but probably not anymore.

Hopefully Renault have a good car this year, for both Ricciardo and Hulkenberg, be interesting to see how they match up too.

Bit bummed that Force India are just going to be called Racing Point this year, crap team name.

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Tommy said:

https://www.t-online.de/sport/formel-1/id_85084882/medien-michael-schumachers-sohn-mick-wird-testfahrer-bei-ferrari.html

So according to reports out of Italy, Mick Schumacher will test the Ferrari F1 car in Bahrain (31st Match) and Barcelona (12th May). 

@nudge

Great for him if true! First and foremost I hope he'll be able to impress in his maiden season in F2 though. 

• Upvote 1