• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

:)

Mick in Sauber for 2021 :x

Callum Ilott, Giuliano Alesi, Marcus Armstrong, Robert Schwartzman, Enzo Fittipaldi and Gianluca Petecof are also official confirmed to join the academy.

• Upvote 1

football forum

Read that, harsh that as early as Monaco there were legitimate plans to replace him. The mistake in Bahrain really did him no favours but what did they expect from a rookie?! 

Always came across as a nice guy and answered my question when he did a Facebook live Q&A. Top man.

• Subscriber

It was obvious that Toro Rosso saw Hartley as a temporary solution only to fill the gap from the very beginning... I was hoping he could use the chance and impress everyone but that sadly didn't happen. He didn't have much luck during the season either but to be fair his performances were sub-par most of the time too. A good driver and a top bloke, but I think it's save to say that his F1 chapter is now closed forever. I wonder what's next - would love to see him in a Porsche again. Could see him ending up in their FE team next season.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Meh, it's not a bad name, but Sauber is Sauber. Grew up watching Heinz-Harald Frentzen in a black Sauber-Mercedes. Those were the days :x

For me Frentzen is synonymous with the yellow Jordan colours! 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Sucks to see the Sauber name disappear from F1 :(

Sad news... Probably makes sense marketing-wise but to see the Sauber name disappear from F1 really hurts and it's a shame to see it go especially as it's the only team I could ever support in F1. That said - it's still the same team as Alfa Romeo only got full name rights; the ownership of the team hasn't changed (Sauber Motorsports is still independent) and it won't in the (near) future. To be honest the name was always in danger since Peter Sauber retired and Longbow/Islero took over; it's disappointing to see the name disappear for now but it might as well be back after a few years if (when?) this partnership comes to an end. When Alfa's gone Sauber will still be there... Still don't get it why wouldn't they be happy with Alfa Romeo Sauber; just like BMW Sauber back then. Both names (Alfa Romeo AND Sauber) have enormous heritage in F1 and motorsports overall so that was as close to perfect as it gets... Hopefully the financial commitment from Alfa is worth the sudden rebranding...

• Upvote 1