The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I really like the McLaren livery. 

Leaked images of the Alfa Romeo:

59u33eahsig21.jpg

Yes I also like McLaren's livery! Much better than in recent years. The drivers overalls look like pyjamas though :D 

That Sauber livery is just one-off for testing. But there are already a few really interesting things in those leaked photos such as a very original and unconventional front wing if (it's not just a dummy for the rollouts) :o Weird looking nose as well (a bit similar to last year's McLaren). Rake seems to be quite high; an aggressive looking car overall. Love it. Definitely the most unique design so far. Very excited to see how it performs!

More pics: 

DzXWds5X0AA4ha0.jpg

alfa-romeo-racing-shakedown-1.jpg

• Confused 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That front wing :| Now you know what they meant with "radical design". I am really looking forward to see how they'll do on track. 

Yes they weren't joking after all! I'm not convinced it's a complete look though; think it will look different in testing. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Look at the front wing from that angle. 

blbbeu744jg21.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

Bizarre :o

Yeah the whole front wing is really interesting. They seem to be angling the winglets towards the exterior to induce outwash but it looks such an extreme design!

Kimi-Raeikkoenen-Alfa-Romeo-Sauber-C38-S

Also look at the complexity of the bargeboards:

Kimi-Raeikkoenen-Alfa-Romeo-Sauber-C38-S

AMuS has posted a nice gallery and overview of more new details; very interesting read: https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/alfa-romeo-sauber-c38-f1-auto-2019/

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Looks like that Ferrari designer joined them with the condition to have complete creative freedom :D I really hope it works out for them. 

Simone Resta? I just hope the intention is not to make Sauber a testbed for Ferrari :/ 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Still can't get my head around that livery xD

It's like Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen has vomited all over it. 

It's just a camouflage livery to hide the specific details on the car and they put the traditional Alfa Quadrifoglio symbol + hearts for Valentine's day haha.

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Ciao, bella! 

DzcH77hXcAARQ2Y.jpg:large

Here's your Championship winning car of 2019. 

Seems like an evolution of the last year's car with slimmer packaging, larger sidepods and smaller airbox? The front wing design is quite similar to Sauber's so that was not a dummy it seems!

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, nudge said:

Seems like an evolution of the last year's car with slimmer packaging, larger sidepods and smaller airbox? The front wing design is quite similar to Sauber's so that was not a dummy it seems!

Yea, looks like it:

frvdtzamrpg21.png

I sure hope she's fast! Many people are suggesting that the 2019 challenger looks to plain, and that they're hiding some elements. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, looks like it:

frvdtzamrpg21.png

I sure hope she's fast! Many people are suggesting that the 2019 challenger looks to plain, and that they're hiding some elements. 

Yeah I think most teams do to be honest... But it can also be the case that they did most changes "under the hood" instead of radically changing the whole car. Makes sense too considering that the car performed well last season as well...

The front wing is by far the most interesting part for me this time. Ferrari & Sauber seem to have interpreted it completely different from Mercedes or Red Bull so it will be really interesting to see which concept performs best!