talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

8 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Will Verstappen crash in qualifying or tomorrow?

He will hit the wall of Champions tomorrow! Anyway, not having the greatest car for this track, but still qualifying on pole. What a true master Seb is. Unbelievable. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

He will hit the wall of Champions tomorrow! Anyway, not having the greatest car for this track, but still qualifying on pole. What a true master Seb is. Unbelievable. 

Yes, he is. Did you see the picture I posted? He literally used every single mm of the track - truly Senna-esque.

• Subscriber

What was the verdict on qualifying yesterday? I was out, thought Hamilton was nailed on for pole but not even the top Mercedes? Maybe he deliberately qualified behind Max to decrease the risk of getting torpedoed on lap one.

• Haha 2

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

What was the verdict on qualifying yesterday? I was out, thought Hamilton was nailed on for pole but not even the top Mercedes? Maybe he deliberately qualified behind Max to decrease the risk of getting torpedoed on lap one.

Bottas deserved his front-row placing.

Verstappen kept up with practice form and speed and is probably good for a podium spot if RB play their strategy right and he behaves. Wonder what the odds are of Verstappen hitting someone with the front of his car and the commentators describing it as a 'head-butt'?

Hamilton looked a bit off the pace but no doubt his experience will get him in contention for a podium too.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, nudge said:

Fuck off Stroll :censored:

Was it his fault?? From one angle it looked like Hartley may have hit him from behind and then got squeezed in to the wall because of the hit. 

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Stan said:

Was it his fault?? From one angle it looked like Hartley may have hit him from behind and then got squeezed in to the wall because of the hit. 

No I don't think so. Stroll had massive oversteer, lost control of his car and pitched Hartley who was alongside him into the wall...

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, nudge said:

Didn't expect this race to be so boring :( 

same. it was hyped up to be a great one after yesterday's quali but it was anything but!

just another procession. Only excitement was first lap with Hartley & Stroll's collision and then towards the end when Hamilton was chasing down Ricciardo.

I swear every driver was put off by the chequered flag being done early as well. What a mess that was xD 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Another terrible Grand Prix. Time to bring Bernie back so he can push through the rule that every track should have sprinklers installed that come on at random during a race.

To be honest, Bernie's suggestions were harmless compared to some of the crap Liberty Media introduced/want to introduce. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

To be honest, Bernie's suggestions were harmless compared to some of the crap Liberty Media introduced/want to introduce. 

Your boy Seb disagrees. Pretty sure he was the #1 fan of the pit boys they had on show a few races ago.

I quite like a lot of the new graphics and the random stats and facts they've introduced but that Avengers-style music they play at the start of qualifying and race sessions this season is the absolute height of American cringeness. Whether they had any hand in that super model waving the chequered flag is open to criticism after she messed it up today too.

Overall I'm mostly fine with what they're doing but some of the suggestions they put out a while ago were worrying. Not on a par with Bernies sprinklers and medal systems yet though.