talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, BartraPique1932 said:

For the benefit of those who clearly didn’t sense the sarcasm, I have no problem with it whatsoever, roles reversed I’d love it 

• Subscriber

This turned out to be quite an entertaining race, I considered skipping it, glad I decided to watch it though.

Well done Max for the win, good on him after that erratic start of the season and all those crashes, this is also the first ever Red Bull win in Spielberg, I think? 
Ferrari lucky with Mercedes strategy fuckup first and a double technical DNF later, this certainly spices up the championship again though with Vettel overtaking Hamilton and Ferrari overtaking Merc in constructor standings.
Great race for Haas, P4 and P5, they seem to really have improved with the upgrade. 
Fantastic race by Alonso, P8 after starting from the pitlane.

And last but not least, I'm absolutely chuffed for Sauber, finally both cars in points again, and only three points behind Toro Rosso in overall standings ^_^

Gutted for Hartley though.

Edited by nudge
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, Storts said:

That Mercedes garage has a lot to answer for today, Hamilton should have cruised to a win today yet the strategist has let him down. Gutted for Bottas too, very unfortunate 

Definitely. Be a few heated discussions I’d imagine after the shambolic performance today. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Definitely. Be a few heated discussions I’d imagine after the shambolic performance today. 

Absolutely, not sure Hamilton’s retirement occurs if he has the chance to cruise at the front - can’t say for sure of course but think all the problems can be linked to their failure with the VSC

• Subscriber

Decent race today. F1 can get fucked though until Bottas gets some luck.

Was hoping Kimi could nick the win. How many podiums is that now without a win? His last one coming in 2013... 

Surprised Ferrari didn't swap the cars at the end. Imagine if Vettel loses the title by 1 point xD.

• Administrator

@nudge I think I've seen that before somewhere and was stunned then as I am now watching it back. One thing that screams out, aside from how clear the footage is xD, is that the lack of safety etc around the track. It's literally a road race, no barriers or kerbs like you see todya or anything of the sort. One clip of the kerb and they're going flying in to the water. Scary but what an adrenaline rush.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Schumacher was the best of Hamilton and Vettel rolled into one driver. Both of them have had phases of looking Schumacher-esque when they've had a dominant car but neither of them are in his league. Schumacher pre-2007 would never have been outscored over the course of a season in the same car as Jenson Button, Daniel Ricciardo or Nico Rosberg.

Alonso was the closest thing to being a second Schumacher in the way he could lead a team off the track as well as get the job done on it, something that defined Michael - Lewis and Seb have not done as much of this. However Fernando's knack for horrific career choices is an affliction Michael never suffered from. Also if Alonso hadn't got involved in a load of bullshit at McLaren with Hamilton and Ron Dennis he should have ended up easily winning the titles of 2007 and probably 2008 with them then who knows what he could have achieved. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jul/05/sebastian-vettel-british-grand-prix-lewis-hamilton-f1?CMP=share_btn_tw&__twitter_impression=true

“I am sportsman, I am not celebrity. So when I go somewhere and somebody recognises me I think they are interested in sport and not in how I do my hair, or which shoes I am wearing or that bollocks.”

The people's Champion :x